Fall/Spring Internship - Human ResourcesApply
CBS Business Unit: Showtime
Job Type: Paid Intern
Job Schedule: Part-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
The Human Resources Intern will work within the Showtime Networks HR team in the New York office. As a member of our team, you will gain exposure to a wide range of Human Resources projects. This internship offers excellent training and mentoring, and is ideal for a student who wishes to explore and/or pursue a career in Human Resources.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative assistance to the HR Team on a variety of projects
- Manage and maintain the intern requisitions. This includes collecting intern request forms, posting positions, working with hiring managers and starting the recruitment process for our intern program.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of personnel files and maintain an organized filing system for recruitment
- Analyze data to distinguish trends, and make recommendations for revisions and continuous improvement in the operation
- Identify HR workflow inefficiencies and come up with solutions for streamlining/automating HR processes
- Rising Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelors degree in Human Resources, or related field.
- Ability to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Strong organizational skills (planning and prioritizing)
- Strong detail-orientation; comfortable balancing multiple priorities
- Able to partner with other HR team members, as well as work independently and take initiative when required
- Good time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Applicant Tracking System knowledge is a PLUS (Avature)
- Strong Interest in Human Resources and the Cable/Entertainment Industry
- 3.00 GPA or above
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include TWIN PEAKS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, I’M DYING UP HERE, SMILF, and THE CHI. SHOWTIME will also debut two limited series this year, PATRICK MELROSE staring Benedict Cumberbatch and ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA from Ben Stiller. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon, Google, Xbox One and Samsung. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled