Executive Assistant to VP, Original Programming & Director, Original ProgrammingApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include TWIN PEAKS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, I’M DYING UP HERE, SMILF, WHITE FAMOUS and the upcoming drama THE CHI. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon, Google, Xbox One and Samsung. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. The network’s authentication service, Showtime Anytime, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events.
Showtime Networks Inc. is looking for an Executive Assistant to support the VP of Original Programming and Director of Original Programming. This assistant will perform an array of administrative and project management duties which include, but are not limited to, the responsibilities listed below:
- Managing High-Volume Calendars:
- Utilizing tools such as Studio System, the assistant is expected to learn of key clients and their relationships with the executives so they may schedule or reject meetings as necessary.
- Reasonably schedule meetings/calls, ensure that the executives have locations secured for these meetings in advance, place meetings/calls on their calendars, and remind executives of upcoming scheduled items.
- Prepare by confirming external meetings, researching potential projects, researching upcoming meeting participants, and printing or flagging material relevant to meetings in advance
- Ensure executives are on-time for meetings/calls, manage delays by communicating with affected parties, and create contingency plans for issues that may arise due to their high-volume schedules.
- Coordinate table reads and screenings on behalf of programming and the executives
- Managing Phones/Emails & Logs:
- Answering Phones, rolling calls, and prioritizing calls as necessary.
- Maintain up-to-date, informative call and email logs throughout the day
- Managing Submissions, Development Deals, & Productions
- Keep submission logs as necessary, which track: project name, date received, auspices, longline, and sender/submitting agent and prepare submission logs for submission before creative.
- Track submissions and maintain a list of emails which need responses from the executives. Follow-up with the executives as necessary regarding emails which require responses
- Reviewing new submissions, scripts and revisions, and providing comprehensive feedback as necessary
- Coordinating Travel Arrangements:
- Arranging travel as needed from departure from office/home to return including arranging and confirming ground travel, air travel, and lodging
- Circulating confidential and timely information and materials to the appropriate parties
- Completing and submitting expense reports
- Maintaining an excel spreadsheet of current limited series/special events in development at other networks
- Working directly with the directors, writers, producers and post production team on projects in development and/or filming in various capacities as necessary
- Previous assistant experience.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Appropriate phone and office etiquette, and writing skills (grammar, spelling).
- Should have experience rolling calls.
- Knowledge of the media/entertainment industry.
- Eager to learn and grow in the job