Executive Assistant to EVP and Chief Programming Officer - Washington DC (Smithsonian Channel)Apply
CBS Business Unit: Smithsonian Networks
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Manage and administer the EVP and Chief Programming Officer’s office.
- Manage CPO’s busy calendar, coordinating with staff as needed. Make sure he is prepared for meetings and horizon.
- Monitor executive’s email and direct or respond within scope
- Screen and route meeting requests and phone calls, assessing the importance.
- Keep track of his running to do list.
- Arrange meetings, prepare materials, set up audio and video conferences, provide catering and refreshments.
- Make often complex travel arrangements. Help with logistics for international conferences and presentations.
- Prepare and process expenses
- Keep EVP office and cloud-based files organized.
- Maintain extensive contact list
- Maintain and publish shared team calendar for vacations, conferences and shared activities.
- Supervise work of receptionist.
- Aid in the onboarding of new hires.
Experience supporting senior level Executive
- Strong time management, organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent people skills: need to interface with a wide variety of internal and external partners.
- Work independently with minimal supervision, understanding the environment at hand.
- MAC familiar, Competency with MS Office Suite programs. Photoshop/keynote skills preferred if possible
- Television or media experience greatly preferred.
- Languages other than English helpful but not required.
- Must enjoy and thrive in a consistently hectic environment
Smithsonian Channel™, owned by Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between Showtime Networks Inc. and the Smithsonian Institution, is where curiosity lives, inspiration strikes and wonders never cease. This is the place for awe-inspiring stories, powerful documentaries and amazing entertainment across multiple platforms. Smithsonian Channel combines the storytelling prowess of SHOWTIME® with the unmatched resources and rich traditions of the Smithsonian, to create award-winning programming that shines new light on popular genres such as air and space, history, science, nature, and pop culture. Among the network’s offerings are series including Aerial America, America in Color, First Ladies Revealed, Polar Bear Town, The Lost Tapes, Amazing Monkeys, America’s Secret Space Heroes, Mighty Ships, Mighty Planes and Air Disasters, as well as critically-acclaimed specials that include Titanic’s Fatal Fire, The Obama Years: The Power of Words, Nightmare on Everest, Diana and the Paparazzi, Diana: The Day We Said Goodbye and Flying High with Phil Keoghan. Smithsonian Networks also operates Smithsonian Earth™, through SN Digital LLC., a new subscription video streaming service delivering spectacular original nature and wildlife content. To learn more, go to www.smithsonianchannel.com, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled