Executive Assistant, SVP Original ProgrammingApply
Executive Assistant to support SVP of Original Programming. This assistant will perform an array of administrative and project management duties which include, but are not limited to, the responsibilities listed below.
· Utilizing tools such as Studio System, the assistant is expected to learn of key clients and their relationships with the executive so he may schedule or reject meetings as necessary.
· Reasonably schedule meetings/calls, ensure that the executive has locations secured for these meetings in advance, place meetings/calls on his calendar, and remind him of upcoming scheduled items.
· Prepare by confirming external meetings, researching potential projects, researching upcoming meeting participants, and printing or flagging material relevant to meetings in advance
· Ensure executive is on-time for meetings/calls, manage delays by communicating with affected parties, and create contingency plans for issues that may arise due to their high-volume schedules.
· Coordinate table reads and screenings on behalf of programming and the executive.
· Answer Phones, roll calls, and prioritize calls as necessary.
· Maintain up-to-date, informative call and email logs throughout the day
· Keep submission logs as necessary, which track: project name, date received, auspices, longline, and sender/submitting agent and prepare submission logs for submission before creative.
· Track submissions and maintain a list of emails which need responses from the executive. Follow-up with the executive as necessary regarding emails which require responses
· Review new submissions, scripts and revisions, and provide comprehensive feedback as necessary
· Arrange travel as needed from departure from office/home to return including arranging and confirming ground travel, air travel, and lodging
· Circulate confidential and timely information and materials to the appropriate parties
· Maintain an excel spreadsheet of current limited series/special events in development at other networks
· Work directly with the directors, writers, producers and post production team on projects in development and/or filming in various capacities as necessary
· Complete and submit expense reports
- Previous assistant experience.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Appropriate phone and office etiquette, and writing skills (grammar, spelling).
- Should have experience rolling calls.
- Knowledge of the media/entertainment industry.
- Eager to learn and grow in the job
· Entertainment industry experience (2+ years).
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television – featuring critically acclaimed original series, provocative documentaries, box-office hit films, comedy and music specials and hard-hitting sports. SHOWTIME has an unparalleled roster of hit original content, including some of the top scripted series in cable: SHAMELESS and BILLIONS. The network is the home to rich, bold and inventive storytelling in series like THE CHI, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, CITY ON A HILL, WORK IN PROGRESS, BACK TO LIFE and BLACK MONDAY, along with limited series THE GOOD LORD BIRD, YOUR HONOR and THE COMEY RULE. Unscripted programming includes the brand’s first ever late-night talk show, DESUS & MERO. Recent lauded docu-series and documentary films include COUPLES THERAPY, LOVE FRAUD, OUTCRY, THE REAGANS, KINGDOM OF SILENCE and BELUSHI, as well as Emmy®-winning news series VICE and political documentary series THE CIRCUS.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.