Director, Talent Relations + EventsApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include TWIN PEAKS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, I’M DYING UP HERE, SMILF, WHITE FAMOUS and the upcoming drama THE CHI. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon, Google, Xbox One and Samsung. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. The network’s authentication service, Showtime Anytime, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events.
Events: Special Events of all scales to include red carpet premieres, cast dinners, venue scouting, invitation list support, Press Tour, Comic-con, SXSW, sports or other company events
Talent Relations to include photo shoots, approvals, affiliate requests, Showtime and CBS Corp. requests, award gifting
Misc. to include reviewing budgets, miscellaneous talent and executive requests
- Typically has 10 or more years of experience with 5 or more years of management experience in special events and all levels of talent.
- College graduate preferred.
- Resourcefulness -- Must have a “can-do and leave no stone unturned” attitude. Director adheres to budgets and is able to independently negotiate rates and discounts for all events.
- Meets with, maintains and enhances relationships with key vendors and venues and seeks out new venues and vendors on an on-going basis.
- Department requires ability to move at a rapid pace efficiently and effectively, able to meet deadlines from across the company.
- Grace under pressure for both events and with talent.
- Must be able to handle numerous last-minute requests, requires ability to be resourceful and quick thinking to resolve a matter in the most seamless way possible.
- Presentation (this department often interfaces with executives and talent on a moment’s notice) and organizational skills (there are many moving parts on a daily basis) are key.