Director, Strategy & AnalysisApply
With critically-acclaimed and award-winning hits that include BILLIONS, THE AFFAIR, HOMELAND, RAY DONOVAN, MASTERS OF SEX, SHAMELESS, DEXTER®, HOUSE OF LIES, EPISODES and PENNY DREADFUL, Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI) has firmly established itself as a producer and provider of quality original programming.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL™ and 60 MINUTES SPORTS™. SNI also owns and manages Smithsonian Channel™, through its joint venture with the Smithsonian Institution.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon and Google. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Prime Video. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV®.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI) is seeking a Director of Strategy & Analysis to serve as a consultative resource to the SNI leadership team and functional managers across the organization. The Director will conduct ongoing exploration of SNI’s operating environment and examine issues from a strategic, competitive and financial perspective. The Director position is part of a lean, highly visible team that complements and collaborates with Finance, Research, Sales, Marketing, Business Product Development & Management, Corporate Communications, among other depts. A successful candidate will see themselves as a solution provider to a dynamic “client base,” able to adapt to industry developments and help facilitate strategic shifts in the organization.
- Support the SNI senior management team in anticipating and addressing critical business questions
- Design, execute and interpret analyses to
generate business insights to inform decision making
- For example, multichannel video subscriber overviews, competitive benchmarking (domestic and international), assessment of new distribution platforms, emerging technologies and macroeconomic and other marketplace trends impacting SNI’s growth
- Develop and present timely, periodic reports using internal and third-party data (e.g., SNL Kagan, equity research, eMarketer, trade publications and other sources) to highlight trends and implications for SNI and its distributors, competitors and media peers
- Curate and provide executive summaries of relevant equity research for senior management as dictated by industry news
- Contribute to and help coordinate strategic presentations for both CBS Corp. and SNI senior management, including annual midyear review, budget and business overviews, and custom presentations as needed for SNI’s CEO, CFO and COO
- Supervise and develop the Manager, Strategy & Analysis, providing guidance on recurring assignments (e.g., quarterly earnings digests) and engaging Manager in new projects and fresh approaches to monitoring the operating environment
- Participate in key account team meetings, conference calls and affiliate meetings when possible to cultivate relationships and affirm frontline priorities
- BA/BS degree required; MBA desired
- Minimum 5 years of consulting, strategic planning, research, investment banking or financial analysis, or similar experience at a media company
- Solid understanding of media & entertainment industry economics and performance drivers of multichannel and OTT programmers and distributors
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities; high proficiency in Excel and financial modeling
- Effective communication skills to present information in compelling manner and appropriate format
- Excellent presentation skills; beyond presumed PowerPoint proficiency, a talent for thoughtfully conceived and well-designed graphical representations of data, trends and ideas
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- Knowledgeable in traditional media and emerging, technology-driven goods and services
- Previous success working independently and cross-functionally with a strong service orientation toward internal clients and partners