Director, Production FinanceApply
The Director, Production Accounting will have responsibility for financial and accounting aspects of original series including:
- Oversee self-produced series from set-up through prep, shoot and wrap.
- Supervise production accountants and production service companies to ensure compliance with Showtime’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Monitor productions to ensure proper guild/union accounting including labor rates, overtime, vacation & holiday pay and pension health & welfare contributions.
- Manage and provide guidance on complex multi-state and international tax incentive structures in multi-currency environments.
- Coordinate location production audits to ensure compliance with Showtime and SOX policies and procedures.
- Lead weekly production cost report meetings with internal executives, producers and accountants.
- Coordinate with and advise production and business affairs during the budgeting process on scripted series, unscripted series and documentaries.
- Provide guidance on payroll tax and labor issues in multi-state and international production environments.
- Liaise with production bank and payroll service representatives.
- Resolve guild inquiries.
- Supervise guild plan audits.
- Review production funding and cash flow schedules.
- Oversee development including executive reporting, disbursements, turnaround receipts and abandonments.
- Facilitate various internal and external financial audit requests.
- Coordinate and supervise production tax reporting requirements.
- Various ad hoc analysis and projects.
This position reports to the VP, Production Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Candidate must have at least 7 years relevant production accounting or production finance experience.
- Knowledge of Smart Accounting (formerly Ease Accounting) and/or Vista, Movie Magic Budgeting and payroll processing is required.
- Ideal candidate will have supervisory experience.
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, SMILF, THE CHI, KIDDING, ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA and BLACK MONDAY. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon’s Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV, Sony PlayStation™ Vue, and YouTube TV. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.