Director, Production Finance FP&AApply
The Director, Production Finance will oversee FP&A operations for Showtime’s original, co-produced and licensed programming. Key duties include leading Production Finance's role in the financial close, monthly estimate, budget and long range plan cycles. The position supports and liaises directly with Production Accounting, Corporate Finance, Business Affairs, Production, Treasury and Tax to estimate and track production cost ultimates and cash flow.
This position reports to the VP, Production Finance who oversees Production Accounting, Development, Participations and Residuals.
· Manage the monthly estimate, budget and long range plan cycles including tracking production commitments, analyzing and reporting production ultimates and forecasting production cash disbursements and receipts.
· Evaluate the impact of production schedules, license fee commitments, breakage and co-production deals on production ultimates and cash flow.
· Responsible for cash receipts management, including foreign exchange gain/loss, co-production partner reimbursement, loans receivables and international and multi-state tax credit incentives.
· Manage the weekly wire transfer process for production funding, license fees, breakage and co-production payments for series, specials, documentaries and sports.
· Liaise with Participations and Residuals for the estimate cycles and weekly cash forecasts.
· Responsible for responding to auditor requests related to SOX & quarterly financial reviews.
· Responsible for responding to tax package requests from the tax department and for ensuring that all production related tax filings are complete.
· Responsible for tracking and recording product placement deals.
· Oversight of departmental Access database, data warehouse reporting & analytics and IT initiatives.
· Supervise Sr. Manager, Production Finance FP&A
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
· MBA or CPA Preferred
· Minimum 7 years relevant work experience, including forecasting and budgeting experience
· Production Knowledge: A comprehensive understanding of production finance functions. High degree of understanding of the entertainment industry and its business practices are required. Must have knowledge of television or movie production accounting and budgeting to properly manage and accurately forecast production costs.
· Accounting knowledge: Applicant must be familiar with GAAP accounting practices (SOP-002). Substantial experience with a general ledger accounting systems is also required, including knowledge of accounts payable functions, television or movie production accounting, and general ledger accounting practices.
· Contract knowledge: Must be able to interpret complex license agreements, production and program rights acquisition contracts to accurately forecast commitments, disbursements and receipts.
· Financial modeling and other computer skills: Advanced Excel skills required. Must have highly developed presentation skills in Excel & PowerPoint. Knowledge and experience in general ledger accounting systems (SAP, BW, Oracle, Tableau, EP Vista). Experience with Microsoft Access database program is preferred.
· Personal Skills: Strong management and communication skills and have the ability to interact with senior management.
· Decision-making: Must be able to utilize knowledge and experience to exercise sound business judgment and make independent decisions.
· A high level of professionalism, confidence, and diplomacy.
· Able to adapt to demands affected by a bi-coastal work structure.