Director, Production AccountingApply
The Director, Production Finance will have responsibility for financial and accounting aspects of original series including:
- Oversee self-produced series from set-up through prep, shoot and wrap.
- Supervise production accountants and production service companies to ensure compliance with Showtime’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Monitor productions to ensure proper guild/union accounting including labor rates, overtime, vacation & holiday pay and pension health & welfare contributions.
- Manage and provide guidance on complex multi-state and international tax incentive structures in multi-currency environments.
- Coordinate location production audits to ensure compliance with Showtime and SOX policies and procedures.
- Lead weekly production cost report meetings with internal executives, producers and accountants.
- Coordinate with and advise production and business affairs during the budgeting process on scripted series, unscripted series and documentaries.
- Provide guidance on payroll tax and labor issues in multi-state and international production environments.
- Liaise with production bank and payroll service representatives.
- Resolve guild inquiries.
- Supervise guild plan audits.
- Review production funding and cash flow schedules.
- Oversee development including executive reporting, disbursements, turnaround receipts and abandonments.
- Facilitate various internal and external financial audit requests.
- Coordinate and supervise production tax reporting requirements.
- Various ad hoc analysis and projects.
This position reports to the VP, Production Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Candidate must have at least 7 years relevant production accounting or production finance experience.
- Knowledge of Smart Accounting (formerly Ease Accounting) and/or Vista, Movie Magic Budgeting and payroll processing is required.
- Ideal candidate will have supervisory experience.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH RECENT PRODUCTION ACCOUNTING OR PRODUCTION FINANCE EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED.