Director,Product Payment ExperienceApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, DICE, the upcoming drama I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV. For more information, go to www.SHO.com.
The Director, Product Payment Experience is responsible for
how Showtime’s customers purchase subscriptions via the SHOWTIME stand-alone
streaming service’s suite of applications.
The Director,Product Payment Experience effectively translates business strategies into product strategies and specifications that deliver against both an excellent customer experience and the company’s strategic and financial goals. He or she will actas the payment experience champion, is able to communicate product objectives effectively to cross-departmental audiences and business stakeholders and is able to independently drive to agreement on product requirements and direction.
This role places a premium on someone who is effective at simplifying complex payment processes, identifying areas for innovation through third parties, and leading developers to bring new features to market.
- Manage customer-facing and internal payments strategy and roadmap
- Manage third party vendor relationships, identifying necessary and/or desirable features and oversee platform integrations
- Be the category expert for the streaming service’s payment platform including billing partner capabilities, new payment methods, advancements in the digital subscription payments space and the competition
- Focus on testing and optimization of the payment experience
- Track and improve key metrics
- Assess feasibility and launch features that support identified new revenue and promotion opportunities
- Engage with multiple stakeholders to ensure all product needs are captured
- Specify, prioritize and communicate high level and detailed specifications using written specifications, flows and use cases as well as UX-generated deliverables such as prototypes, wireframes and design and copy documents
- Coordinate post-launch activities to validate that payment features work as designed and that processes dependent on the feature successfully complete acceptance testing
- Manage the development of training materials and train quality assurance, technical support and others on new product features.
- 3 to 5 years of product management experience in the subscription payments space
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Experience using analytics tools like Omniture and Tableau for hands-on purchase funnel reporting and analysis of testing and optimization efforts.
- Expert ability to use tools essential to product management responsibilities, such as Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Strong technical acumen along with knowledge of product management principles
- Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions and manage uncertainty
- Proven track-record of bringing new products to market
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- MBA graduate
- Prior experience with payment funnel optimization
- Prior experience with fraud prevention