Director, Product Management – ShowtimeApply
We're Showtime (part of the CBS family) and have some of the most groundbreaking original programming in the industry, including Emmy and Golden Globe winners like Homeland, Ray Donovan, Billions, Shameless and Dexter. This position is within the company’s Product team, where we manage SHOWTIME our stand-alone OTT streaming service, and Showtime Anytime, our TV Everywhere offering.
We’re looking for a passionate, accomplished, results-driven product leader for SHOWTIME. Reporting to the SVP Product Management, in this role you will be a focal point for information and ideas, will guide a small team of product managers, and will work in close collaboration with engineers and executives.
At Showtime, our apps are available across a large number of platforms (iOS, tvOS, web, Roku, Android mobile, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV and others), and you and your team of product managers will focus on Apple, Amazon, Android and Roku devices.
The projects you’ll work on here will likely be multi-faceted (and, as a result, quite interesting): You’ll collaborate with lots of different team members, internal stakeholders, device partners, developers, project managers and QA testers in pursuit of delivering high-quality, timely products and features.
Ideal candidates for this role will have technical fluency, great people skills, and a ready sense of humor.
- Lead a team of product managers who will:
- Gather requirements, write specs and user stories, create wireframes and workflows, and coordinate/communicate cross-functionally with teams from across the organization.
- Be go-to resources for platforms under their management: Track upcoming features and OS releases, use internal and partner reporting tools to fully understand user behavior.
- Evaluate market trends, conduct competitive analysis, and identify potential enhancements for our TVE and OTT services.
- Understand Showtime’s traditional and direct-to-consumer businesses and be keenly interested in and informed about how product features affect key KPIs
You should also be prepared to:
- Take a data-driven approach to product management and strive for measureable, constant improvement of our subscriber experience.
- Partner with UX on devising better, simpler, smarter interactions. Whenever possible, bring a unique perspective to the Product and UX team that helps everyone to grow and improve.
- Partner with engineering to most efficiently deliver the best-in-class product experiences you and your team will create.
- Work closely with other members of Showtime’s Product Management team to execute cross-platform integration of all features and enhancements.
- Expertise in all aspects of digital product management – we’d like to see about 5 years in a product management role, preferably in the media space.
- 2+ years of hands-on product management of iOS, Android or Roku apps
- Demonstrated track record of managing product managers to successful product launches.
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills, especially when articulating opinions or rationale.
- Strong desire to make users happy: You have clear opinions about what makes a good customer experience.
- You’re committed to making data-driven decisions and have experience using a variety of product-usage measurement tools.
- You have a deep understanding of details, but with the ability to zoom out and see bigger picture.
- You’re scrappy and ingenious; you’ve got no fear of getting your hands dirty, and you are often the first to raise your hand to tackle the latest challenge.