Director, Product AnalyticsApply
With critically-acclaimed and award-winning hits that include BILLIONS, THE AFFAIR, HOMELAND, RAY DONOVAN, MASTERS OF SEX, SHAMELESS, DEXTER®, HOUSE OF LIES, EPISODES and PENNY DREADFUL, Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI) has firmly established itself as a producer and provider of quality original programming.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL™ and 60 MINUTES SPORTS™. SNI also owns and manages Smithsonian Channel™, through its joint venture with the Smithsonian Institution.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon and Google. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Prime Video. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV®.
As the Director of Product Analytics, you will be a key leader on the team responsible for product analytics implementation and analysis of our SHOWTIME stand-alone streaming service and Showtime Anytime, our TV Everywhere service. Your cross-functional team will be responsible for driving product data collection and analysis efforts to help inform product decisions.
- Provide expertise, direction and oversight to product business intelligence and data engineering efforts; maintain and drive execution of product’s business intelligence roadmap
- Monitor and review business intelligence technology and trends, maintain awareness of new functionality of existing tools, and champion new analytics technologies and systems to support changing requirements/needs
- Take a hands-on role in evolving and mining Showtimes’s structured and unstructured data systems, with an emphasis on richer insights from data and easier access to data
- Collaborate with SNI research and marketing teams on current and future reporting needs
- Understand product and business objectives and drivers in order to better support data-driven decisions
- Get hands-on: Formulate hypotheses and build ad-hoc analytical models using core statistical concepts, and train other team members and stakeholders in similar analysis.
- Get insightful: Provide actionable conclusions and recommendations that directly address product and business objectives.
- Reduce the data anomalies introduced into BI environments through oversight of QA and validation process and framework.
- Manage the communication, documentation and presentation of product insights, analysis, trends, corrections, etc.
- Look for ways to improve communication and knowledge sharing with peer teams throughout the company
- You communicate easily with developers, data analysts and product managers
- You have demonstrated experience leading direct and indirect reports towards efficiently developing solutions, deriving insights and meeting deadlines
- You are very familiar with BI reporting and dashboarding tools, such as: Adobe Analytics, SAP Business Objects, Tableau, etc.
- You are extremely well-versed in technology related to big data, and have hands-on knowledge of the power of large-scale data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, Cassandra
- You possess deep knowledge of SQL and relational database management systems, including PostgreSQL and MySQL
- You have familiarity with statistical analysis and predictive analytics languages and libraries, such as R, SAS, Python and Mahout
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- High attention to detail and data integrity, consistently pursuing quality in accomplishing tasks and ensuring that work product is 100% accurate
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, where prioritizing is necessary