Director, Photo PublicityApply
CBS Business Unit: Showtime
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
- Edit large numbers of images in an efficient and organized manner.
- Make image selections with specific end uses in mind for use by SHOWTIME as a whole. These uses might include press and publicity (reviews, previews, wrap ups, events and premieres, Emmy campaigns), marketing and advertising, international distribution, merchandising and social (behind the scenes), among other uses.
- Manage inception of all unit photography (via various means) for all original programming. This process includes file conversion, metadata input, image selection and distribution to various departments.
- Maintain and schedule release of all images across all SHOWTIME originals, documentaries, acquisitions and specials.
- Skillfully tone and retouch Images on an as-needed basis by adjusting color, sharpness, removing visible flaws and creating the best possible image to distribute for all SHOWTIME needs.
- Maintain a highly organized archival system of all photographic assets.
- Manage content and assets for Press Express, our outward facing press site. Keep site organized and maintain user access.
- Work directly with staff of SHOWTIME publicists to identify and select photography that will help publicize any and all SHOWTIME originals, acquisitions, documentaries, etc.
- Maintain and facilitate talent approvals in our web-based talent approval system (Global Edit). Make sure all talent approval notes get transferred to our current server-based photo archive.
- Act as the creative representative of the publicity department on various series gallery shoot. Attend gallery shoots to make sure proposed concepts become viable PR photos.
- Liaise with Digital Asset Management team (DAM) to facility the larger distribution of assets throughout SHOWTIME.
- Advise VP of Photo Publicity with strategic direction for all asset management of photographic property for SHOWTIME with regards to adopting new systems, computer applications and utilization of new technical developments from the photographic industry.
- Design and create any special project one-sheets, websites, etc.
- Act as a mentor for department staff.
- Seven to 10 years of experience with retouching images. Must excel at Adobe Photoshop, Bridge, Photo Mechanic.
- Knowledge of various file formats and file transfer systems.
- Must be proficient in MAC OS system as well as Microsoft PC system.
- Photography skills A+.
- Must be proficient in both MAC and PC operating systems.
- Ability to juggle numerous projects within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to motivate self and be pro-active about projects.
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include TWIN PEAKS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, I’M DYING UP HERE, SMILF, and THE CHI. SHOWTIME will also debut two limited series this year, PATRICK MELROSE staring Benedict Cumberbatch and ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA from Ben Stiller. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon, Google, Xbox One and Samsung. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled