Director, Multiplatform Promotional Strategy and PlanningApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming lineups in all of television. The SHOWTIME programming slate has made the network among the most talked about in the business, with hits that have included HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, DICE, the upcoming series I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING ®.
Showtime Networks Inc. owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc. operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™ which offers Smithsonian Channel™ and Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. For more information, go to www.SHO.com
- Develop promotional strategy for all Showtime networks, including all platforms and Showtime plexs Monitor proper rotation of promotional inventory and ensure campaigns are executed with precision and forethought.
- Coordinate strategic planning of pre-roll promotion. Provide input in the weekly premiere meeting and provide recommendations for key return and catalog title offerings on the platforms. Implement short, medium and long-term promotional planning for existing and premiering series. Determine promotional needs for daily, weekly and premiere series phase roll outs.
- Develop individual promotion plans for each program campaign.
- Create presentations for strategic campaigns, stunts, and high priority promotional schedules as needed.
- Oversee the planning and creation of promotional schedules linear and multiplatform.
- Create and provide materials to demonstrate and document information pertinent to the department concerning promotion availability, allocation of promotional weight, and other data driven information that enhances promotion planning on the networks.
- Represent Interstitial in cross departmental meetings including: Program Marketing, Distributor/Multi-Platform Marketing, Showtime Sports and Event Marketing, Red Group, Digital Services, Media, Promotions, Research, Acquisitions and Programming on key network priorities.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in On-Air Promotions, promotion Planning, Programming, Agency Traffic and/or Operations. 8 years of managerial experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the Interstitial On Air process and environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the IBMS planning software system (or similar system) along with the ability to develop and implement promotion presentations utilizing Power Point, Excel and Word.
- Strong understanding of the promotion planning process from the creation of targets based on available data, to benchmarks based on knowledge of GRP’s and impressions, in relation to daypart and demographic info
- Ability to create and design custom reports with an advanced skill set, by coordinating a high volume of data to deliver information based on current and future needs
- Strong knowledge of research and program performance metrics to be able to compile and analyze data to make thoughtful decisions about on-going and future campaigns
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Strategic,creative thinker and problem solver
- Detail and deadline oriented, with great time-management skills.
- Ability to adapt to last minute changes in schedules and delivery, including working beyond regular hours. In addition must be prepared for contingencies in the event that promotional materials do not deliver as expected or in the case of emergency situations.
- Ability to coordinate with various departments and individuals in a high pressured, rapidly changing environment. Essential to the success of this position is the collaboration with various sister departments.
- Strong knowledge of Showtime Programming and the television landscape