Director, Media CenterApply
· Working with the content and distribution teams at various major film studios, the Director will be the point person for negotiating the versioning and onboarding of Pop licensed acquired content and serve as the technical liaison for original programming. The Director will oversee the media operations lifecycle from delivery, ingest, metadata tagging, distribution and archive. Manage the flow of media content into and out of the Network, from on-boarding acquired and original programming with studio partners, to the creation of content for the Marketing and PR teams. Advise productions on technical and formatting post production best practices: UHD/HD, HDR/SDR, audio mixing, program formatting, program run time allotments, fiber/satellite feeds, resolving tech issues, etc. Assign broadcast work orders for long-form content and assign metadata to all new assets in Vault database so key terms such as title, episode, versioning as well as file codec and container types are searchable. Direct final delivery workflows and processes for physical, digital, and select fiber feeds. Create, approve and receive all requisitions for purchase orders within the Media department for film title treatments, series transcodes and deliveries, capital purchases and closed captioning creation.
· Author and manage the Pop Production Packet document outlining technical specifications and delivery requirements for Pop original series, acquisitions, as well as short-form and long-form ads. Consult with marketing and PR departments to include language concerning their delivery requirements to include in the Producer’s delivery packet. Meet and discuss production/post-production requirements with new series production/post production supervisors and Pop’s internal Development team and be available to answer any questions related to the production packet while series is in pre or post production.
· The Director will work with multiple departments including the PR and Marketing teams to oversee creation and delivery of FYC mailers, event screenings and clips for online and press events. Edit show content with Pop branding for inclusion on physical media (DVD’s) and digital media formats including DCPs needed for specific PR events. The Director will work closely with the VP of Marketing to fulfill requests and deliver approval links and final deliverables to the PR team, theatres or 3rd party vendors. Additional departments include the Live Events team to hire all Pop Associate Directors and S&P censor personnel for live events, managing their schedules and all communication with hires. The Director will also work with the Creative Services team and Post Production to verify all graphics are delivered and communicate all contingency programming for each night’s premiere. Make available the textless record materials from each live event for the VOD and Social teams.
· Collaborate with Post Production on researching capital purchases for tiered network storage, workflow software, and migration and archive solutions. Collaborate with internal Product Development team on creation and improvement of workflow tools including a secure screening platform and improvements to internal applications and processes.
· Manage the Aspera servers and user accounts in Tulsa and Los Angeles. Create hot folders and Aspera credentials as needed, and work with the IT Department to whitelist necessary external hosts and subnets. (
Education: BA or BS degree in Film/TV preferred
5+ years Manager/Director experience required
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, SMILF, THE CHI, KIDDING, ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA and BLACK MONDAY. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon’s Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV, Sony PlayStation™ Vue, and YouTube TV. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.