Director, Media ArchitectureApply
This role for the Media Technology Systems Team will be responsible for defining and building SNI’s media supply chain infrastructure for both public and private cloud solutions. This platform is a customer and partner-facing solution allowing for the ingestion and dissemination of various media elements including On-Demand and Live distribution. Practical knowledge of, and adherence to, industry standards to ensure maximum compatibility with customers is a requirement.
- Oversee staff at SNI’s Long Island NOC and NYC office that are responsible for design, implementation and monitoring of On-Demand and Live distribution media supply chain and workflow solutions.
- Provide hands-on technical and engineering expertise with design and implementation of media processing systems, such as but not limited to: network accelerators, transcoders, storage technologies, compute technologies, security technologies, and disaster recovery in both public and private cloud solutions.
- Provide hands-on, complex authentication integrations and DRM requirements that differ with each affiliate under extremely tight launch deadlines in both public and private cloud solutions.
- Serve as primary author of architecture diagrams and documentation in both public and private cloud solutions.
- Assist in capital budgeting, cost-benefit analysis, service level agreements and team and infrastructure resource allocation.
- College degree required; BS or CE or comparable engineering experience.
- 8-12 years of experience with system design and deployment in a Media Distribution company with deployed public cloud solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of file delivery systems, CDNs, On-Demand workflow and distribution, digital rights and asset management.
- Position requires thorough understanding of content distribution and encoding systems such as H.264, Aspera file transfer, Encoding systems, DRM solutions, QC systems, Operating systems and Network solutions used in public and private cloud distribution. Strong demonstrable public cloud solution experience is required.
- Position also requires a thorough understanding of content management systems, project management, hardware deployment and software development methodology.
- The ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner along with proficiency in technical writing skills is required.
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, SMILF, THE CHI, KIDDING, ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA and BLACK MONDAY. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon’s Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV, Sony PlayStation™ Vue, and YouTube TV. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.