Director Financial Reporting & PlanningApply
This position reports to the VP, Management Reporting & Analysis and is responsible for the coordination, consolidation and comprehensive review of the annual budget, 12 monthly forecasts and the long range plan as well as analysis of the monthly financial statements for both the consolidated entity and each major business segment. This includes overseeing all aspects of the process from establishing and communicating requirements and deadlines to the final presentation documents to CBS and SNI senior management. This position also provides financial support (analysis, budgets, estimates, monthly accounting, etc.) to the G&A business units. In addition, the position is responsible for the compilation, reporting and analysis of monthly cash flow both internally and to the CBS Finance group. Finally, this position is the primary contact between Finance and IT for the TM1 budgeting and planning system as well as the Cognos Controller financial reporting system. In this role, this position has responsibility to oversee and direct IT regarding all maintenance and enhancements of the system.
- Preparation, consolidation and all inclusive review/analysis of all aspects of the consolidated Showtime Networks Inc. budget, 12 monthly forecasts and the long range plan. This includes all aspects of the process from establishing requirements and deadlines to consolidating and analyzing all financial reports (P & L’s, Cash Flows, Balance Sheet, etc.) to final presentation decks presented to SNI and CBS senior management. This requires frequent interaction and direct communication with both SNI and CBS financial management.
- Compilation, reporting and analysis of monthly cash flow both internally and to the CBS Finance group. This activity requires frequent interaction and direct communication with all levels of the Finance teams as well as the CBS Finance group.
- Oversee and direct IT resources regarding all aspects of maintenance and enhancements for TM1 budgeting and planning system. In addition, work closely with CBS Corporate Finance as it relates to enhancements and changes to the Cognos Controller financial reporting system.
- Respond to information requests from CBS Finance as to the financial and business treatment of transactions regarding actuals, budgets and forecasts.
- Responsible for preparation of consolidated Showtime Networks Inc. quarterly financial reporting package, which requires consolidation, and thorough review and analysis of the financial statements and is used by CBS for the preparation of the 10Q’s and 10K SEC reports.
- Create dynamic P&L and Cash Flow reports from TM1 in order to streamline and automate reporting processes
- The formulation of procedures, documentation and adherence to controls to ensure that all budgeting/reporting requirements are met in an informative, accurate and timely manner as well as the thorough review of all reports and supporting detail prior to issuance.
- Responsible for special projects initiated by senior management
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- CPA, MBA or equivalent preferred
- 5 to 7 years experience, primarily in the entertainment industry with experience in budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting and analysis
- Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and EnterpriseOne or related software.
- Strong knowledge of Financial Planning Systems (preferably TM1) and experience creating dynamic reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills are required.
- Excellent accounting skills and knowledge. Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a self-directed and empowered team.