Director, Key Account MarketingApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, DICE, the upcoming drama I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV. For more information, go to www.SHO.com.
The Director of Key Account Marketing leads the development and execution of SHOWTIME acquisition and retention strategies for Key Accounts across on platform and media channels. The ideal candidate is a passionate and experienced marketing and media expert and has a strong background in digital and paid media, excels at marketing analytics and has a proven record of managing efficient and effective marketing and advertising campaigns. This individual will have outstanding client facing skills and work seamlessly with sales and Key Accounts to guide strategy to drive Showtime subscriptions and retention.
Strategy, creative development, execution and reporting of Key Account marketing programs/campaigns
- Oversee the direction and development of integrated partner marketing campaigns and creative to successfully grow awareness, trial, conversion and retention of Showtime subscribers
- Key Accounts: Oversee the monthly planning, targeting and flighting of all media (on platform and paid)
- Write marketing/creative briefs to establish strategic direction for key account media buys
- Track weekly performance of Key Account’s creative, test and optimize creative based on KPIs
- Analyze campaign results and present key learnings
- Ensure Showtime and Key Account goals are aligned in all co-branded media efforts
- Proactively identify partnerships and/or integrations for incremental business opportunities
- Develop marketing strategy for key account initiated on device targeting tests, and large retail offers
- Attend weekly partner meetings and quarterly Key Account business reviews
- Manage a group of highly skilled individuals and be responsible for their talent development and growth
- Coach staff in development of marketing expertise, project management skills, media strategy and general business skills
- Shape and form big ideas that meet best practices and deliver marketing campaigns that help achieve business goals
- Advance the partner relationships by maintaining rapport and trust; be a leader that partners look to for strategy and the team looks to for guidance
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with other cross-functional teams (Subscription Marketing, Product, Program Marketing, Promotions, etc.)
- At least 6 years of customer acquisition marketing or related experience, preferably in entertainment, media, publishing or subscription-based business.
- Experienced data-driven marketer capable of concepting, developing and executing performance-based marketing and advertising programs to achieve customer acquisition and retention goals
- Digital media and advertising experience, including knowledge of drafting creative and media briefs and a deep understanding of various digital ad units across all digital platforms; experience with performance media including Amazon, Search, SEO, Display, Social and advance analytics.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills with sharp ability to simplify complex concepts and convey actionable solutions.
- Flexible, strong manager that can think creatively, strategically and quickly and thrive in a cross-functional capacity within a dynamic, high-energy, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to deliver sound strategy that aligns to partner and Showtime business goals
- Exceptional analytical skills, specifically ability to assemble and interpret data, create executive summaries and deliver actionable business insights
- Computer Proficiency (Strong Word, Excel and Power Point skills a must; Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign and Illustrator preferred)
- Must be able to work outside of normal work hours as needed
- Willingness to travel (10%)
- Bachelor’s degree required with emphasis in marketing, media and/or communications preferred
- MBA preferred