Director, Human Resources - ProductionApply
Showtime is seeking a Director, Human Resources to join the LA-based Studio HR group in providing HR leadership to production cast members, crew members, and leadership for our west-coast based studio productions. Responsibilities include providing practical and strategic advice on a wide variety of areas to enhance the production staff’s engagement, performance, and overall experience. The Director, Human Resources will specifically focus on the following duties:
- Serve as HRBP to assigned pilots, episodic, and late night television productions
- Act as trusted advisor and resource to cast, crew, and production leadership
- Conduct regular visits to assigned productions, spending time with cast and crew on-set as well as within production offices in order to field inquiries, provide real-time advice and counseling, and monitor cast/crew engagement and morale
- Serve as an internal resource to Showtime Studio and Production leads for concerns and issues regarding their specific productions
- Effectively coach show leadership and department heads on leading in a production-based environment
- Develop and implement customized performance management tools and resources, as needed
- In conjunction with the L&D COE and Production HR leadership, pitch, create, and facilitate customized classes, sessions, and programs for productions (i.e., leadership training, unconscious bias, career pathing, etc.)
- Field and resolve general performance management issues and employee relations matters such as replacements/terminations, poor performance issues, and incident-based behavioral concerns. Partner effectively with newly-created centralized Employee Relations team for investigations into harassment, discrimination, or other complex or legally-based allegations.
- At the direction of the VP - HR, partner with Labor Relations and Employment Law for performance issues, staffing change/termination requests, and incident-based behavioral concerns, as needed.
- Partner with other Studio departments as needed, such as Business Affairs, Publicity, Current Programming and Security.
- 10+ years of HRBP/Employee Relations experience, preferably in an entertainment, hospitality, retail or other service/unionized environment
- Proven track record of building trust and respect quickly in environments unfamiliar with HR.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment where time is of the essence
- Flexibility in work hours – productions can be 24/7, 365
- Able to accommodate occasional overnight travel to remote physical production sites
- Experience in a production-based entertainment environment
- Union experience preferred
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, SMILF, THE CHI, KIDDING, ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA and BLACK MONDAY. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon’s Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV, Sony PlayStation™ Vue, and YouTube TV. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.