Director, Credit AdministrationApply
With critically-acclaimed and award-winning hits that include BILLIONS, THE AFFAIR, HOMELAND, RAY DONOVAN, MASTERS OF SEX, SHAMELESS, DEXTER®, HOUSE OF LIES, EPISODES and PENNY DREADFUL, Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI) has firmly established itself as a producer and provider of quality original programming.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL™ and 60 MINUTES SPORTS™. SNI also owns and manages Smithsonian Channel™, through its joint venture with the Smithsonian Institution.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon and Google. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Prime Video. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV®.
This position is in charge of ensuring that all of Showtime’s Original Programming adheres to relevant contractual talent requirements and guild obligations. This position is directly responsible for approving the credit portion of all related advertising, marketing and publicity materials prepared by our company, as well as those submitted by our affiliates, for use in any and all media whether created via digital, print or video mediums. This is a credits administration, contract fulfillment role. This is not a financial position nor does it involve contract negoitations.
- This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining the Original Programming credit policies for Showtime (SNI) and ensuring that this policy is adhered to both internally and by its various production entities. An important aspect of the position is to establish and maintain relationships with the various Entertainment unions - Writers Guild of America (WGA) and the Directors Guild of America (DGA), Screen Actors Guild (SAG) and the American Federation of Television & Radio Artists (AFTRA) for Showtime’s benefit. This involves direct negotiation with the Guilds for on-screen credit waivers, outdoor and print advertising waivers. Position also oversees filing of the Notices of Tentative Writing Credits to determine which writers should be accorded screenwriting credit, and negotiates with DGA representatives regarding on screen credit policies. It is also a requirement of this position to be aware of all industry trends with respect to credits and maintaining relationships with counterparts at other production companies.
- Analyze and interpret contracts and create the on-screen main and end title credit formats. Direct the design for both the main and end title format for Showtime’s Original Programming, which includes working with film producers, directors, casting directors and various guilds to confirm that not only are credit obligations met, but that their specific credit requests are addressed as well.
- Advise advertising, marketing and sales departments of all stills, photography and biography requirements for original programming talent in addition to credit and likeness requirements. Review all original materials created by the Red Group and Affiliate Sales Department (including those materials created by SNI Affiliates such as Xfinity and DirecTV) for compliance with these requirements. Authorize the use of talent likenesses in the creation of all internet materials from those included on Sho.com and Showtime Facebook pages to blogs, tweets, instagrams, gifs, Showtime PR Tumblr blogs and other new media ventures.
- Approve all tune-in, campaign, award, nomination and congratulatory advertising for the Showtime Advertising and Marketing Departments including all print advertising, television advertising, affiliate materials, outdoor advertising, promotional DVD’s, and inflight advertising for all of Showtime’s services including Showtime Anytime. Additionally, this position oversees approval of all PR Department Materials such as the Emmy and Golden Globe nominations, TCA, Comic-Con materials, press releases, press kits, cast and crew lists, and tv screening invitations.
- Direct, review and approve all domestic and international DVD packaging and advertising materials for both the home video and soundtrack releases for Showtime’s Original Programming. Provide outside distributors with contractual requirements so that they will abide by our contractual obligations in creating the home video and sound track packaging. Review international materials provided by home video partners Paramount and CBS and provide guidance with layout and credits. Work directly with Soundtrack publishers like Milan and Varese Sarabande to balance creative impulses with contractual obligations. Consult appropriate internal Showtime personnel to make sure that the packaging meets with SNI’s expectations and responsible for enforcing these requirements with our external soundtrack partners.
- Review and analyze contracts to determine which performers have merchandising rights. Advise Showtime and CBS Merchandising Departments which talent they are allowed to use in creation of all merchandising materials. Scope of work includes subsequent review and approval of all merchandising materials from Bobbleheads to Video Games and Dolls to Coffee Table Books.
- Four year college degree preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working in credit administration on major feature films, network television series and/or cable television networks in addition to strong industry relationships is highly preferred.
- Excellent organization, proofreading, editing and research skills are a plus.
- Highly organized and able to direct the flow of many different projects simultaneously.
- Ability to perform successfully within a high volume, deadline oriented environment with quick turnaround times.
- Knowledge of the WGA, DGA, SAG-AFTRA rules, regulations and contractual requirements as they relate to on-screen and on-line credits and paid advertising. Familiarity with the credit provisions of both the U.S. and international film unions and guilds. And working knowledge of the:
- different credit formats used by other film and television companies, and
- credit history and trends within the motion picture and cable television industry.
- Possess strong interpersonal and consultative skills with all levels of management at Showtime as well as with management of outside production companies, distributors and key members of the Writers and Directors Guilds.
- Must be able to accurately analyze and interpret highly detailed and technical legal information/contracts and convey those conclusions to various internal departments in a clear and concise manner.