Director, Consumer Research & InsightsApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming lineups in all of television. The SHOWTIME programming slate has made the network among the most talked about in the business, with hits that have included HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, DICE, the upcoming series I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING ®.
Showtime Networks Inc. owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc. operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™ which offers Smithsonian Channel™ and Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. For more information, go to www.SHO.com
- Initiate and oversee qualitative and quantitative market research projects supporting marketing, advertising, programming, strategy and sales initiatives.
- Partner with Audience and Interactive research teams to provide a deep understanding the Showtime customer, both existing and potential.
- Develop creative research solutions to uncover consumer insights and trends related to consumer motivations and behavior across a variety of entertainment platforms.
- Meaningfully summarize research and communicate to executive stakeholders.
- 8-10 years of progressive experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and techniques. Focus group moderating experience a plus.
- Extensive understanding of traditional consumer research techniques, methodologies and best practices. Copy testing experience a plus.
- Experience on the client side translating business needs into research strategies, design, execution, analysis and presentation.
- Experienced working directly with consumer data in SPSS, SAS, etc. Track record of statistical analytics, modeling, segmentation experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively within and across research and analytic teams.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (excel at narrative development, holistic perspective, concise/actionable insights, accessible to a non-research audience)
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Very detail oriented.