Director, Consumer IntelligenceApply
CBS Business Unit: Showtime
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
The Director, Consumer Intelligence will:
- Initiate and oversee qualitative and quantitative market research projects supporting marketing, advertising, programming, strategy and sales initiatives.
- Partner with Audience and Interactive research teams to provide a deep understanding the Showtime customer, both existing and potential.
- Develop creative research solutions to uncover consumer insights and trends related to consumer motivations and behavior across a variety of entertainment platforms.
- Meaningfully summarize research and communicate to executive stakeholders.
- 8-10 years of progressive experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and techniques. Focus group moderating experience a plus.
- Extensive understanding of traditional consumer research techniques, methodologies and best practices. Copy testing experience a plus.
- Experience on the client side translating business needs into research strategies, design, execution, analysis and presentation.
- Established relationships with a variety of research vendors
- Experienced working directly with consumer data in SPSS, SAS, etc. Track record of statistical analytics, modeling, segmentation experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively within and across research and analytic teams.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (excel at narrative development, holistic perspective, concise/actionable insights, accessible to a non-research audience)
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Very detail oriented.
- Strong interest in television business.
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include TWIN PEAKS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, I’M DYING UP HERE, SMILF, and THE CHI. SHOWTIME will also debut two limited series this year, PATRICK MELROSE staring Benedict Cumberbatch and ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA from Ben Stiller. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon, Google, Xbox One and Samsung. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled