Digital Asset Management (DAM) Systems Operations ManagerApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming lineups in all of television. The SHOWTIME programming slate has made the network among the most talked about in the business, with hits that have included HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, DICE, the upcoming series I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING ®.
Showtime Networks Inc. owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc. operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™ which offers Smithsonian Channel™ and Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. For more information, go to www.SHO.com
As the worldwide demand for Showtime content grows exponentially, the Program Operations and Distribution department is changing its asset library infrastructure and will require a Digital Asset Management Systems Operations Manager to play a primary role in the performance, integrity and security of the database. This position will require the highest level of development and scrutiny of schema for metadata (e.g., technical, descriptive, operational) and digital asset taxonomies. In addition, there is a concurrent need of management and maintenance of the library data structure, and administration of new users, user groups, and permissions. Showtime Networks seeks an analytical professional who thrives on the formulation, implementation, and enforcement of proper data collection policies and procedures. This position is vital to the POD team's flow of program content and assets, while ensuring accuracy and unobstructed productivity. Candidate must also be a strong multi-tasker with solid time-management skills.
- Participate in and oversee the migration and ingestion of 800,000+ digital assets from existing inventory database.
- Develop, update, and expand the metadata, ontology, and taxonomy of Showtime Networks’ catalog to ensure relevancy, accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain and set forth workflows and standards for naming, tagging, and formatting new and existing assets.
- Design and implement a prequalification process to ensure all image, video and audio elements meet required distribution standards and specifications.
- Maintain metadata requirements and values that will serve as a global standard and assigns appropriate metadata for assets to ensure accurate usage rights.
- Responsible for setting all security measures associated with all users of the system and the assets in the system.
- Run audits, troubleshoot and determine needed course of action to fix or replace assets as needed. Archives and purges files as necessary.
- Propose system changes and functionality to solve functional and user interface (UI) errors and failures.
- Oversee the DAM digital screening room, and support on-going DAM user interface optimization, driving navigation enhancements according to best practices & user feedback.
- Develop policies and procedures for the curation of born-digital materials in accordance with scalable industry methods.
- Stay informed of latest DAM technology trends and innovations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Library Science, Mass Communications, Computer Sciences, or related field, equivalent experience is required.
- A minimum of 3 years in DAM administration or related field.
- Ability to design systems for tagging images and cataloging taxonomy.
- Ability to develop content policies.
- A minimum of 5 year’s experience working, managing and/or implementing solutions in production, post production, and/or content distribution.
- In-depth knowledge of file formats (print, digital, video) and media usage rights terminology is a must.
- Clear understanding or metadata modeling and security models.
- Candidate must be able to work autonomously under heavy deadline driven projects.
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to utilize data to recommend solutions and drive strategic business decisions.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to import and export data between applications and data types.
- Ability to complete work in an acceptable timeframe and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives and satisfy internal customer needs related to the job.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to coordinate and work effectively with teammates, end-users, and management.
- Ability to work in a bi-costal team environment.
- Ability to work overtime when necessary.
- Prior experience working with digital production workflows strongly encouraged. Conceptual knowledge of transcoding, editing, and managed file transfers.
- Prior experience implementing digital or media asset management systems, strongly encouraged.
- Preferred experience with Open Text Media Manager, Levels Beyond/Reach Engine, Prime Focus Clear.
- Knowledge of video editing tools (avid, FCP, Adobe Premiere and other DVWs), a plus.
- Knowledge of master data management, a plus.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in data querying tools, such as SQL, MS Access, and Excel a plus.