Digital Asset Curation SpecialistApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, DICE, the upcoming drama I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV. For more information, go to www.SHO.com.
The worldwide demand for Showtime content is growing exponentially and Showtime’s Program Operations and Distribution (POD) department requires a Digital Asset Curation Specialist to play a key role in the upgrade and daily operations of the Digital Asset Management (DAM) system. Showtime Networks seeks an analytical professional who thrives on the implementation and enforcement of proper data collection policies and procedures. You will be vital to the POD team’s flow of program content and assets, while ensuring accuracy and unobstructed productivity. You must be a multi-tasker with solid time-management skills.
- Responsible for daily operations of ingesting, curating, updating, deleting and archiving digital and physical (record only) assets into the DAM system.
- Prioritize and fulfill daily asset requests from internal teams and external partners.
- Accurately enter digital and physical asset metadata into the DAM system and ensure the appropriate usage rights are indicated.
- Responsible for the pre-launch, pre-qualification, go live and maintenance of assets.
- Conduct quality control (from pre-qual to go live) for all image, paperwork, video and audio elements, ensuring required distribution standards, conventions, and specifications are met.
- Register internal and external users to the DAM system and set user permissions.
- Maintain accurate procedures and records for the system.
- Work with VP’s of department to rectify any quality issues on assets.
- Run metric and analytical data reports as needed on a per asset, per title, user and client basis.
- Create training manuals and provide onboard training to new users.
- Maintain documentation for DAM upgrades, new version releases and new requirements.
- Monitor and report user interface (UI) errors and failures. Provide support for the DAM digital screening room.
- Systems Operations Manager to improve established workflows and standards for naming, tagging, and formatting new and existing assets.
- Collaborate with the DAM Systems Operations Manager with on-going DAM user interface optimization, driving navigation enhancements according to best practices and user feedback.
- Assist in the migration and ingestion of 800,000+ digital assets from existing database.
- Stay informed of the latest DAM technology trends and innovations.
- Perform other duties as identified or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Library Science, Mass Communications, and Computer Sciences, or related field, equivalent experience is required.
- Proven record of responsibilities in asset curation, with a minimum of 3 years in DAM administration or related field.
- Understanding of production, post-production and marketing elements including print artwork and digital file formats, audio and video codecs.
- Knowledge of physical media tapes such as LTO and HDCam-SR.
- The position requires the highest level of scrutiny of schema for metadata (e.g., technical, descriptive, operational).
- Experience with maintenance of robust library data structure.
- Understanding of Digital Rights Management (DRM) for media.
- Candidate must be able to work autonomously under heavy deadline driven projects.
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills with the ability to utilize data to recommend solutions and drive strategic business decisions.
- Ability to import and export data between applications and data types.
- Define and document data and due diligence processes.
- User interface (UI) experience knowledge from a development standpoint.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized; this position is responsible for large volumes of data. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills with the ability to coordinate and work effectively with teammates, end-users, management and external partners.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Prior experience working with digital production workflows strongly encouraged. Conceptual knowledge of transcoding, editing and managing file transfers.
- Experience with OpenText Media Manager, Levels Beyond/Reach Engine, and/or Prime Focus Clear.
- Knowledge of video editing tools (Avid, FCP, Adobe Premier and other DVWs) a plus.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) a plus.