Designer – ProductApply
You are a passionate Product Designer who combines a deep intuitive understanding of the fundamental elements of great user interface design including color theory, typography, grid systems and composition with knowledge of user-experience best practices. You are well versed in the nuances of designing for multiple technologies and platforms. You have an impeccable design sense and a keen eye for detail. You are a natural collaborator, eager to work side-by-side with high performance multi-disciplinary teams of designers, product managers and developers. You are capable of ideating, iterating and effectively communicating the rational behind your design thinking. You are plugged into the design & UX community and love bringing fresh and innovative ideas back to the team to evangelize them. Your primary focus is on visual design with a proven ability to establish and apply style guide standards consistently, and adapt them across platforms, but you can also contribute to UX initiatives when needed.
We're Showtime (part of the CBS family) and have some of the most groundbreaking original programming in the industry including Emmy and Golden Globe winners like Homeland, Ray Donovan, Billions, Shameless and Dexter. This position is within the company’s Product team and we are responsible for Showtime’s stand-alone OTT streaming service, TV Everywhere offerings and On Demand services. We are a very collaborative and user-focused product team – and we are growing fast as we continue to evolve Showtime beyond traditional TV consumption. Come be part of the team that is helping to redefine the way in which consumers subscribe to and experience Showtime.
- Work with the design and product development and management teams to distill complex user needs and business requirements into intuitive and elegant user-centric design solutions that scale seamlessly across multiple screens and platforms.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including product and engineering to gather feedback, iterate, test, refine and implement designs.
- Execute visual design and craft graphic elements, assets, and visual treatments that adapt and flow across various platforms and form factors including responsive web, native mobile, smart TVs, streaming devices and game consoles.
- Work with front-end developers to deliver specifications, feedback, and assets optimized for multiple platforms to ensure that all designs are interpreted and implemented as specified.
- Establish and enforce a consistent visual design language and style guide standards that uphold the aesthetics and integrity of Showtime’s premium brand identity.
- Manage multiple ongoing projects, and remain flexible through rounds of iteration and revision
- Stay current with latest design and technology trends across web, mobile, and 10-foot platforms, and adopt modern techniques as appropriate.
- 3+ years of experience in visual, interactive, or user interface design within a product or agency setting.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic or Interaction Design, Visual Communications or related field.
- Proficiency with Sketch, InVision and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Highly collaborative with the ability and willingness to generate multiple iterations of a single product design and incorporate feedback
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly communicate the rationale behind your design thinking and decisions.
- Experience interpreting and applying brand identity systems and adapting them to create seamless experiences that address the unique requirements of multiple platforms.
- Understanding of technical considerations when designing for multiple devices and frameworks including responsive HTML/CSS, and native platforms including iOS & Android.
- A portfolio showcasing cross-platform design solutions with the ability to articulate your design thinking in the context of the user and business problems you were solving for.
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and web-based design and user experience.
- Extensive knowledge of design fundamentals and best practices including exceptional typography skills and attention to pixel-level details.
- A passion for designing experiences that support, delight and engage customers.
- Be a self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player.
- Experience designing for TV, gaming consoles and other 10-foot platforms.
- Experience prototyping with Principle.
- A love of television and streaming media.