Database Coordinator (Temporary)Apply
As the worldwide demand for Showtime content grows exponentially, Showtime’s Program Operations & Distribution (POD) department requires a Database Coordinator. This person will have previous data entry and metadata experience, and be highly detail-oriented. The coordinator will play a key role in the organization of metadata, and in the maintenance process of migrating audio/video files and associated marketing and paperwork from LTO, Digibeta, HDCamSR and other media sources into a new Digital Asset Management (DAM) system.
- Restore both long and short form program elements from LTO, Digibeta, HDCam, DVD-R and other media formats and sources.
- Review, cleanse and map metadata from an existing inventory tracking system to a new metadata model, as part of the asset migration process to a new DAM system.
- Participate in the migration and transfer validation of 800,000+ digital assets from existing inventory database to the DAM system.
- Ingest and catalogue various elements, in a variety of formats, into the departmental database and tag said assets with metadata using best practices and standards around file structure and naming conventions.
- Ensure the accuracy of audio and video asset metadata - including codecs, frame rates, audio configurations, and content details - that conform to controlled vocabularies from a master data management (MDM) system.
- Participate in the prequalification process to ensure all image, video and audio elements accurately meet required distribution standards and specifications.
- Perform other duties as identified or assigned.
- Deep understanding of production and post-production elements, including print and digital file formats, audio and video codecs.
- Previous experience with physical media tapes such as LTO, Digibeta and HDCamSR.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized. The position requires the highest level of scrutiny of schema for metadata (e.g., technical, descriptive, operational).
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, such as filtering, comparing and validating data.
- Analytical thinker, effective at understanding issues and developing one or more approaches to solving problems.
- Strong understanding of relational databases, data conversion and data cleansing methodologies.
- Applying standards with the ability to follow, adopt, recommend and promote conversion standards.
- 2+ years of conversions/development experience using XML.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Film & Media Arts related field.
- Knowledge of Digital Rights Management is a plus.