Database Coordinator (Temporary)Apply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include TWIN PEAKS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, I’M DYING UP HERE, SMILF, WHITE FAMOUS and the upcoming drama THE CHI. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon, Google, Xbox One and Samsung. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. The network’s authentication service, Showtime Anytime, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events.
As the worldwide demand for Showtime content grows exponentially, Showtime’s Program Operations & Distribution (POD) department requires a Database Coordinator. This person will have previous data entry and metadata experience, and be highly detail-oriented. The coordinator will play a key role in the organization of metadata, and in the maintenance process of migrating audio/video files and associated marketing and paperwork from LTO, Digibeta, HDCamSR and other media sources into a new Digital Asset Management (DAM) system. Expected duration: 12 to 18 months.
- Restore both long and short form program elements from LTO, Digibeta, HDCam, DVD-R and other media formats and sources.
- Review, cleanse and map metadata from an existing inventory tracking system to a new metadata model, as part of the asset migration process to a new DAM system.
- Participate in the migration and transfer validation of 800,000+ digital assets from existing inventory database to the DAM system.
- tag said assets with metadata using best practices and standards around file structure and naming conventions.
- Ensure the accuracy of audio and video asset metadata - including codecs, frame rates, audio configurations, and content details - that conform to controlled vocabularies from a master data management (MDM) system.
- Participate in the prequalification process to ensure all image, video and audio elements accurately meet required distribution standards and specifications.
- Perform other duties as identified or assigned.
- Deep understanding of production and post-production elements, including print and digital file formats, audio and video codecs.
- Previous experience with physical media tapes such as LTO, Digibeta and HDCamSR.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized. The position requires the highest level of scrutiny of schema for metadata (e.g., technical, descriptive, operational).
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, such as filtering, comparing and validating data.
- Analytical thinker, effective at understanding issues and developing one or more approaches to solving problems.
- Strong understanding of relational databases, data conversion and data cleansing methodologies.
- Applying standards with the ability to follow, adopt, recommend and promote conversion standards.
- 2+ years of conversions/development experience using XML.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Film & Media Arts related field.
- Knowledge of Digital Rights Management is a plus.