Data Quality Engineer - ProductApply
We're Showtime (part of the CBS family) and we have some of the most groundbreaking original programming in the industry, including Emmy and Golden Globe winners like Homeland, Ray Donovan, Billions, Shameless and Dexter. This position is within the company’s Product team, where we manage SHOWTIME our stand-alone OTT streaming service, and Showtime Anytime, our TV Everywhere offering.
As part of the Product Analytics team, you will help us establish and maintain the integrity of a precious resource – our data -- by trying to break it. Using your ingenuity and understanding of our business, you will attempt to find gaps, errors and inconsistency in data collections related to program viewership, subscription lifecycles and more. Ideally, you have 2+ years experience mining and validating large data sets, you can be both detail-oriented and aware of the business’ big picture, and you get excited about the prospect of creatively devising tests to expose data flaws. To do this, you will need to have better-than-working knowledge of SQL as well as some experience with Hive/Spark and Python/R.
- What you will do:
- Develop detailed knowledge of the SHOWTIME and Showtime Anytime KPIs and their relationship to user behavior.
- Fully understand Showtime’s business rules in importing and creating data collections.
- Use queries and other methods of data analysis to certify changes to data while validating new data collections.
- Partner with product managers, engineers and analysts to determine the root cause of issues interfering with gathering accurate data and prioritize resolution.
- Write test cases, develop automation strategies, and use tracking tools to file, monitor and resolve data issues.
- Communicate clearly and frequently with all team members, stakeholders and project/product owners impacted by test and troubleshooting results.
- Experience addressing issues of data integrity; proven ability to mine and validate data across structured and unstructured data sets
- Moderate to advanced SQL experience with the ability to seamlessly query multiple data sets
- Experience writing automated test-cases and data validation processes with Python or R is a significant plus
- Good communication skills and a healthy sense of humor
- An unwavering attention to detail and the ability to persist/follow up on issues that require input from multiple people in order to be resolved
- Strong documentation skills with the ability to log and concisely express technical data issues
- Experience working with Jira, the Linux command line, and version control is a plus
What you will gain:
- Potential to expand your technical or data modeling skills and gain experience with institutional distributed computing technology
- Exposure to enterprise-scale data pipelines written in Scala and/or automated production jobs used for data science and analytics
- Participate in building the future of television while getting to play with some great tech
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, SMILF, THE CHI, KIDDING, ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA and BLACK MONDAY. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon’s Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV, Sony PlayStation™ Vue, and YouTube TV. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.