Data Conversion Administrator (Temporary)Apply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, DICE, the upcoming drama I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV. For more information, go to www.SHO.com.
As the worldwide demand for Showtime content grows exponentially, the Program Operations and Distribution department is changing its asset library infrastructure and will require a Temporary Data Transformation Administrator to play a role in the pre-launch and pre-qualification of assets being migrated from the old system(s) into the new. This person will participate in the maintenance of the library data structure and migration of metadata, record only assets and digital assets into the new system.
- Perform system data transformation from an internal inventory tracking system into a migration template for entry into new department Digital Asset Management (DAM) system.
- Ensure as part of the data transformation that the data quality, integrity and completeness is maintained and improved to meet the standards of the new system.
- Restore both long and short form program elements from LTO’s.
- Ensure as part of the restore of digital files that the proper codecs, audio configurations and details about each file can be easily identified and organized properly for ingestion into the DAM system.
- Participate in the migration and ingestion of 800,000+ digital assets from existing inventory database
- Participate in the prequalification process to ensure all image, video and audio elements meet required distribution standards and specifications.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Film & Media Arts related field
- 2+ years of conversions/development experience using XML
- Strong understanding of relational databases, data conversion and data cleansing methodologies
- Analytical Thinker - effective at understanding problems and developing one or more approaches to solving the problem
- Applying standards - ability to follow, adopt and recommend and promote conversion standards