Coordinator, VOD (Overnight Shift)Apply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, DICE, the upcoming drama I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV. For more information, go to www.SHO.com.
Responsible for controlling all aspects of media and content at the NOC used for VOD and TV Everywhere products.
- Manage media files for VOD, TVE distribution.
- Quality control of digital media.
- Metadata creation and override management.
- Manage purging and deletion of content and media that is no longer in license or owned by SNI.
- College degree preferred.
- At least 3 years working with hardware and software MPEG2 and MPEG4 video encoders. videotape, broadcast VTRs, broadcast servers, tape archives, storage managers, and associated monitoring equipment.
- Strong file management and organizational skills essential.
- In depth knowledge digital video encoding equipment and standards and strong file management required. Knowledge of SMPTE technical specifications of video and audio required. Knowledge of MPEG2 and MPEG4 encoding specs for VOD and Broadband products.
- Must be fluent in operation of PCs and Microsoft Windows. Desired experience using video file QC tools such as Interra Baton and Manzanita QC software. Thorough understanding of video switchers, audio monitors, closed captioning decoding, VTRs, broadcast servers and other broadcast grade equipment.
- Ability to manage schedules and planning.