Coordinator, Social MediaApply
CBS Business Unit: Smithsonian Networks
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Smithsonian Channel™, owned by Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between Showtime Networks Inc. and the Smithsonian Institution, is where curiosity lives, inspiration strikes and wonders never cease. This is the place for awe-inspiring stories, powerful documentaries and amazing entertainment across multiple platforms. Smithsonian Channel combines the storytelling prowess of SHOWTIME® with the unmatched resources and rich traditions of the Smithsonian, to create award-winning programming that shines new light on popular genres such as air and space, history, science, nature, and pop culture. Among the network’s offerings are series including Aerial America, Million Dollar American Princesses, Polar Bear Town, The Weapon Hunter, The Lost Tapes, Mighty Ships, Mighty Planes and Air Disasters, as well as critically-acclaimed specials that include Building Star Trek, The Unknown Flag Raiser of Iwo Jima, MLK: The Assassination Tapes and The Day Kennedy Died. Smithsonian Networks also operates Smithsonian Earth™, through SN Digital LLC., a new subscription video streaming service delivering spectacular original nature and wildlife content. To learn more, go to www.smithsonianchannel.com, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the creation, scheduling, and distribution of content across multiple social media platforms. Collaborating with editorial, video operations, and technology teams on a daily basis, the Social Media Coordinator will assure timely & accurate publishes of social media copy, images, and video. The Social Media Coordinator will also perform community moderation & engagement across all social media platforms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the preparation of weekly editorial calendars, including basic preparation of images (color-correcting, image cropping, file sizing)
- Schedule social media copy, images, and video across multiple platforms and perform quality assurance checks to ensure all content appears appropriately on all platforms
- Work with internal teams to ensure all content needed for social media is delivered in a timely manner
- Create posts for Instagram daily, including weekends
- Moderate conversations on social platforms and engage with audiences daily
- Work with internal teams to create content for social platforms, such as animated gifs
- General maintenance of social media presence, including uploading cover photos, tracking trending topics, removing expired content, etc.
- Assist in creating reports and analyzing social media analytics
- Provide updates to team on social content performance in weekly meetings
- Perform on-going social listening around relevant brand keywords, promotions, and priorities
- Perform targeted outreach to new audiences to grow fan bases & raise brand awareness
- Assist editorial managers in project-oriented tasks as needed including research, fact-checking, file organization, etc
- Facilitate asset delivery to agencies and partners
- Support media and communications planning, including organization of presentation materials, media plans, competitive analysis and reporting
The ideal candidate is a social media savvy person with a passion for digital media and a creative flair. Accuracy, attention to detail and time management are important, as well as the ability to work within deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- At least 2 years of professional experience working in social media and/or digital media for a brand or agency, managing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and Pinterest
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and writing skills required.
- Strong understanding of best practices for community management and social audience development
- Familiarity with social media KPIs, analytics, and reporting
- Basic graphic editing skills are necessary
- Experience with Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, and/or Omniture are necessary
- Knowledge and passion regarding the new media landscape, including VOD, OTT, social media, mobile and emerging platforms.
- Interest in documentary films and non-fiction programming preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled