Coordinator, Sales Planning (Smithsonian Channel)Apply
Smithsonian Channel™, owned by Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between Showtime Networks Inc. and the Smithsonian Institution, is where curiosity lives, inspiration strikes and wonders never cease. This is the place for awe-inspiring stories, powerful documentaries and amazing entertainment across multiple platforms. Smithsonian Channel combines the storytelling prowess of SHOWTIME® with the unmatched resources and rich traditions of the Smithsonian, to create award-winning programming that shines new light on popular genres such as air and space, history, science, nature, and pop culture. Among the network’s offerings are series including Aerial America, Million Dollar American Princesses, Polar Bear Town, The Weapon Hunter, The Lost Tapes, Mighty Ships, Mighty Planes and Air Disasters, as well as critically-acclaimed specials that include Building Star Trek, The Unknown Flag Raiser of Iwo Jima, MLK: The Assassination Tapes and The Day Kennedy Died. Smithsonian Networks also operates Smithsonian Earth™, through SN Digital LLC., a new subscription video streaming service delivering spectacular original nature and wildlife content. To learn more, go to www.smithsonianchannel.com, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Input advertiser schedules in to Ad Sales Traffic System and export to agencies/clients
- Assist Sales Planner/Account Executives in daily maintenance of advertiser schedules/cross check work for accuracy
- Communicate schedule changes/makegoods to agency contacts
- Communicate with traffic/programming contacts for upcoming schedule changes
- Cross train on sales planning responsibilities, including Nielsen stewardship
- Assist EVP of department with messages, trips and various projects.
- 1-2 years of experience in Sales Planning at television network
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest in entertainment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written