Coordinator, Rights & Clearances AdministrationApply
CBS Business Unit: Showtime
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Act as liaison to communicate our rights and clearances status for all promotion and marketing materials produced by the Creative Services department within Showtime Networks and other departments as necessary. Advise, determine and accommodate the needs of the company’s Production, Digital Media, Marketing, and Business Development departments regarding talent, music, 3rd party material & other issues.
- Keep apprised of all original material including, Series, ShoDoc’s, Sports, Theatricals, etc. Review all produced pieces to identify:
- Type of talent in the spot, i.e. series regular, day player or extra
- 3rd party material (footage, stills or logos)
- Type of music used in a spot; i.e. composed, library or licensed
- Other issues (e.g. titles that need clearing)
- Gather data by working with many internal departments to ensure promotional pieces meet the requirements for on-air, off-air, digital, distributor specific. (BA, legal, programming, talent relations, casting, finance, etc.)
- Manage the execution of all talent cue sheets and payment for talent. Work closely with Business Affairs and Finance to ensure we are adhering and making payments as per SAG/AFTRA requirements.
- Work closely with Talent Relations to obtain talent approval where nudity and/or simulated sex are present. Also obtain talent approval from series regulars who are no longer on the series but are being used to promote an upcoming season, i.e. Brody in Homeland. Effectively convey results/messages/feedback to the teams when it becomes available.
- Create a centralized document management system that maintains Showtime’s Rights & Clearance Documents (i.e. R&C Promotion Chart, day player tracker, NSS, tracker, R&C 101 & Checklist, Original Material Tracker, request letter forms, music cue sheet forms, talent cue, etc.) ensuring that we are providing and tracking the most accurate and up-to-date information.
- Responsible for delivery of (via email and company portal Shoogle) a weekly tracker to the entire organization that provides access to all spots that have been approved and given expiration dates as needed by SHO’s R&C team. Update the internal company database, redBase, to ensure the same information that is provided on the weekly tracker is consistent with the data in redBase
- Assisting with obtaining approvals by legal, BA & programming on all promotions, starting with digital media use
- 0- 2 years in the broadcast industry (relevant internships a plus).
- Familiarity with broadcast clearances a plus.
- Detail oriented and strong ability to manage multiple projects at any given time.
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include TWIN PEAKS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, I’M DYING UP HERE, SMILF, and THE CHI. SHOWTIME will also debut two limited series this year, PATRICK MELROSE staring Benedict Cumberbatch and ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA from Ben Stiller. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon, Google, Xbox One and Samsung. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled