Coordinator, Public Relations (Smithsonian Channel)Apply
Smithsonian Channel™, owned by Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between Showtime Networks Inc. and the Smithsonian Institution, is where curiosity lives, inspiration strikes and wonders never cease. The Channel's Emmy and Peabody Award-winning programming entertains, educates and inspires. Program genres include history, science, nature, and pop culture. SMITHSONIAN CHANNEL travels beyond the ordinary to reveal a vast scope of exciting stories and experiences to fuel the curiosity in all of us. Among the network’s offerings are series that include Aerial America, Million Dollar American Princesses, The Weapon Hunter, Sports Detectives, Mighty Ships, Mighty Planes and Air Disasters, as well as critically-acclaimed specials that include The Day Hitler Died, David Attenborough’s Rise Of Animals -Triumph Of The Vertebrates, Spy in the Hanoi Hilton, Legend of Lead Belly and Lincoln’s Last Day. SMITHSONIAN CHANNEL is currently available to customers of Comcast, DirecTV, Time Warner Cable, Charter Communications, Cablevision, Verizon, AT&T and more. Smithsonian Networks also operates Smithsonian Earth™, a new subscription video streaming service delivering spectacular original nature and wildlife content.
- 2+ years in television publicity or related field required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- A self-starter with the ability to troubleshoot
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and follow through on all projects
- Polite and professional manner, exercising patience and diplomacy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality