Coordinator, Program Marketing & AdvertisingApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, DICE, the upcoming drama I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV. For more information, go to www.SHO.com.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working in tandem with team members on 3-5 Original Series and Docs.
- Daily interaction with internal and external agencies to gather information and/or inquire about tactics listed on department creative execution documents.
- Assist in the development of series marketing plans and decks.
- Routing and communicating feedback for all relevant digital and off-line advertising tactics.
- Maintaining assigned series budgets. Help with monthly budget submissions to finance, gaining signatures for Production Authorizations, invoices, obtaining budget codes, requesting and tracking estimates, cross-checking documents, etc.
- Regular distribution of creative execution documents to team members.
- Routing advertising material for necessary approvals (Business Affairs, Legal, R&C, etc.)
- Print and distribute creative execution documents of assigned projects to all team members.
- Meeting preparation for assigned series.
- Capturing and sharing meeting notes for senior level meetings.
- Track competitive marketing efforts of cable television networks and streaming services.
- Keep team members informed of relevant consumer marketing initiatives (competitor Key Art, first to market tactics, digital agency highlights.)
- When applicable, provide effective administrative coverage to two senior executives, including:
- Answering phones, managing daily calendars, handling incoming and outgoing mail/messages and maintaining files.
- Providing good judgment in monitoring and prioritizing information flow and meetings throughout the day.
- Arranging and preparing for meetings, conference calls and video conferences.
- Coordinate travel and prepare T&E if needed.
- At least 1-2 years of relevant advertising and/or consumer marketing experience.
- A passion and enthusiasm/interest in the entertainment, television and digital space
- Knowledge of advertising production and execution
- Basic understanding of advertising and/or consumer marketing experience
- Strong, clear communication and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Accuracy/detail oriented
- Highly organized and resourceful
- Proactive, quick learner
- Ability to thrive in a team environment, and work independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects under intense deadlines, effectively and smoothly
- Flexibility for overtime
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)