Coordinator, Digital Production (Smithsonian Channel - NYC)Apply
CBS Business Unit: Smithsonian Networks
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
The Coordinator, Digital Production, is a full-time role, responsible for organizing post production elements and scheduling for short-form programming and promotional video across Smithsonian Networks. This role will collaborate with Digital Video Producers, social media teams and marketing teams to supervise all aspects of video post-production, both internally and externally, with freelance staff and third-party co-productions.
- Create and maintain digital media production and post-production schedules for Smithsonian Networks. From maintaining weekly editor schedules, to ensuring large scale projects meet publish deadlines.
- Provide updates to digital producers and department leads on status of projects, identifying issues, creating solutions, and escalating as necessary.
- Coordinate across post department (post supervisor, editors, AEs), production department (directors, producers), and rights and clearances team to deliver information and assets on time.
- Manage internal publicity and marketing requests, including scheduling and tracking all phases of production across various departments for multiple digital distribution points.
- When necessary, assist with production development and video reviews.
- Collaborate with video producers for on-location filming as needed; assist in setting up shoots, sourcing gear and crew, and preparing for live streams when applicable.
- Coordinate with broadcast teams, creating complimentary digital schedules. Includes:
- Being vigilant of all broadcast productions, identifying opportunities to collaborate.
- Assisting the director of production, production manager, and producers as directed to ensure a successful outcome for all digital productions.
- Documenting all production requests received and assets delivered.
- 1-2 years in digital production, preferably as Production or Post Production Coordinator
- Familiarity with production and post production for digital video specifically
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, with experience creating and maintaining schedules for multiple, simultaneous projects
- Experience in project management, and creation of Gantt charts; working knowledge of SmartSheet strongly preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, coordinating several projects in various points of production as needed (from development through delivery)
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud, including Premiere, a big plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to creatively problem-solve
- Familiar with the current video production trends and workflows for both UHD/4K and HDR
- Familiar with current digital video production and distribution trends on key social media platforms (YouTube, Faceboook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and respond according to established business goals
- Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production models
- Ability to interface with both technical and creative members of the production community
- Knowledge of television post-production technical specs and network television processes
Smithsonian Channel™, owned by Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between Showtime Networks Inc. and the Smithsonian Institution, is where curiosity lives, inspiration strikes and wonders never cease. This is the place for awe-inspiring stories, powerful documentaries and amazing entertainment across multiple platforms. Smithsonian Channel combines the storytelling prowess of SHOWTIME® with the unmatched resources and rich traditions of the Smithsonian, to create award-winning programming that shines new light on popular genres such as air and space, history, science, nature, and pop culture. Among the network’s offerings are series including Aerial America, America in Color, First Ladies Revealed, Polar Bear Town, The Lost Tapes, Amazing Monkeys, America’s Secret Space Heroes, Mighty Ships, Mighty Planes and Air Disasters, as well as critically-acclaimed specials that include Titanic’s Fatal Fire, The Obama Years: The Power of Words, Nightmare on Everest, Diana and the Paparazzi, Diana: The Day We Said Goodbye and Flying High with Phil Keoghan. Smithsonian Networks also operates Smithsonian Earth™, through SN Digital LLC., a new subscription video streaming service delivering spectacular original nature and wildlife content. To learn more, go to www.smithsonianchannel.com, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled