Cash Management Business AnalystApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, DICE, the upcoming drama I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV. For more information, go to www.SHO.com.
This position is responsible for the performance of cash management functions including but not limited to the recording of receipts, initiation of electronic funds transfers, analysis of all bank activity and the creation of and distribution of cash receipts schedules to appropriate department personnel. This position acts as Showtime’s main liaison with Corporate Treasury and bank personnel.
1. Develop monthly domestic cash requirements forecast by day (based on historical trends and input received from the Finance teams) to be utilized by Corporate Treasury to estimate CBS’s total monthly/weekly/daily domestic cash borrowing requirements. Revise forecast each week based on actual activity and updated information and resubmit to Corporate. On a daily basis, provide Corporate Treasury with actual daily cash funding requirements.
2. Analyze all receipts (incoming wires & ACHs, check deposits) to identify remitter and determine proper customer account or general ledger coding. Record all receipts into the Accounts Receivable System. Review and ensure that the daily lockbox receipts interface file agrees with actual receipts per the bank and properly posts to the Accounts Receivable System. Analyze and correct lockbox interface “rework” items.
3. Initiate outgoing wire transfer and ACH payments via bank software. Analyze payment requests to ensure they are properly documented, authorized and approved prior to data entry. Forward request forms and supporting documentation (where necessary) to Corporate Treasury for final release. Maintain and distribute a detailed listing of outgoing electronic payments.
4. Analyze and review daily bank activity reports to ensure expected transactions (e.g., check deposits, outgoing electronic payments) are properly posted to the bank accounts, all receipts are swept to Corporate and all disbursements are funded by Corporate.
5. Prepare daily analysis of all cash receipts per bank, identifying trade receipts, NSF checks and the categorization of non-trade receipts (e.g., Sales, G&A, etc.). Research, investigate and resolve any discrepancies between the cash receipts analysis and cash receipts as identified by the Finance teams. Upon reconciliation, prepare a final cash receipts schedule by category and distribute. Prepare daily funding and bank transfer activity schedules and reconcile with Corporate Treasury at month-end. Research, investigate and resolve any differences. Upon reconciliation, prepare journal entries to record bank transfer activity in the General Ledger.
6. Audit and process all requests received from Finance personnel to move cash receipts between customer accounts or general ledger accounts. Audit supporting documentation and initiate the payment process for the disbursement of company funds to SNI/SI LLC as repayment of commingled funds received by Showtime. Audit supporting documentation and initiate the payment process for the disbursement of company funds to CBS entities as payment of retransmission fees.
7. Act as liaison with Corporate Treasury and banks. Interpret and communicate all Corporate Treasury requirements and polices to appropriate personnel and ensure consistent implementation. Amend bank signature authority files to meet company needs while ensuring internal controls are satisfied. Evaluate the continuing necessity of bank accounts and services and prepare paperwork to open, close and amend accounts as necessary. Establish and maintain solid working relationship and open communication with Corporate Treasury and bank personnel.
8. Act as a back-up to Final Audit for printing checks, initiating employee and vendor direct deposit payments, and auditing voucher packages against supporting documentation to ensure all disbursements are properly supported, approved and in compliance with company policy.
9. Obtain supporting documentation for payroll tax payments initiated by the Payroll Dept on our behalf and reconcile against actual disbursements per the daily bank reports. Research, investigate and resolve any discrepancies. Forward supporting documentation along with general ledger coding to Expense Mgmt team for entry into EnterpriseOne.
10. Analyze various general ledger accounts including research and investigation of account transactions to determine validity and propriety. Prepare adjusting journal entries where necessary.
11. Special projects completed and new initiatives implemented as requested.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a cash management or accounting position.
- Proficient with EnterpriseOne, or similar accounting system, banking platforms and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Access).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred. Strong analytical, reconciliation and reporting skills are required as is a working knowledge of financial controls, internal controls and banking controls.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex bank reports and banking instructions and act on the information provided is a must.
- Excellent organization and time management skills as well as the ability to prioritize requests are required to ensure that all tasks are accomplished in a timely and accurate manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills accompanied by strong interpersonal skills are required as this position interacts with all Finance teams, Corporate Treasury, IT and Bank personnel.
- The ability to work in a team environment is a must.