Business Analyst (Smithsonian Channel)Apply
CBS Business Unit: Smithsonian Networks
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
The Business Analyst will be responsible for expense accounting and estimate functions, report preparation, invoice processing and ad hoc financial projects.
- Perform daily transaction processing and month close functions and ensure accurate reporting of all financial statements. Create and update financial spreadsheets and reporting documents.
- Process invoices and track payments.
- Assist in the preparation and inputting of monthly budget and LRP submissions.
- Assist in accounting for international transactions and program amort.
- Prepare schedules for year-end financial audit and interim controls testing
- Work on ad hoc finance projects as needed
- 2-3 Years of finance/accounting experience, preferably in the media industry
- Excellent Excel skills to develop and maintain large spreadsheets and financial models quickly, accurately and efficiently
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills are critical as the Business Analyst will be interacting regularly with channel management, multiple internal departments and external partners.
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Experience using Peoplesoft Enterprise One and Hyperion
- Ability to multi-task and take on new responsibilities
- Ability to be self motivated and a positive spirit
Smithsonian Channel™, owned by Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between Showtime Networks Inc. and the Smithsonian Institution, is where curiosity lives, inspiration strikes and wonders never cease. This is the place for awe-inspiring stories, powerful documentaries and amazing entertainment across multiple platforms. Smithsonian Channel combines the storytelling prowess of SHOWTIME® with the unmatched resources and rich traditions of the Smithsonian, to create award-winning programming that shines new light on popular genres such as air and space, history, science, nature, and pop culture. Among the network’s offerings are series including Aerial America, America in Color, First Ladies Revealed, Polar Bear Town, The Lost Tapes, Amazing Monkeys, America’s Secret Space Heroes, Mighty Ships, Mighty Planes and Air Disasters, as well as critically-acclaimed specials that include Titanic’s Fatal Fire, The Obama Years: The Power of Words, Nightmare on Everest, Diana and the Paparazzi, Diana: The Day We Said Goodbye and Flying High with Phil Keoghan. Smithsonian Networks also operates Smithsonian Earth™, through SN Digital LLC., a new subscription video streaming service delivering spectacular original nature and wildlife content. To learn more, go to www.smithsonianchannel.com, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled