Audit, Compliance and Operations AnalystApply
This position is responsible for execution of the annual audit plan under the guidance of the AC&O Director(s) for the following responsibilities: (A) Perform and manage all phases of the compliance/operational audit process to ensure that Multichannel Video Programming Distributors (“MVPD”) are in compliance with contracts for participating CBS Divisions, including Showtime Networks, CBS Corporation, CBS Sports Network, and Smithsonian Channel; (B) Conduct Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls compliance testing for the Affiliate Revenue Cycle, Standard Controls and Company Wide Controls; (C) Provide support to Affiliate Finance, Legal, Sales and Senior Management personnel in the contract management process so potential areas of exposure are mitigated; (D) As needed, conduct studio audits of SNI Theatrical Distributors’ Output Agreements. This position requires approximately 15% to 25% travel annually.
Perform and manage all phases of compliance / operational audits for SNI and the CBS Divisions:
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of contractual service agreements for basic, digital, premium and broadband / over-the top services.
- Conduct pre-audit planning through compilation of required documentation and scope analysis identifying audit objectives, priorities and deliverables in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Manage and provide expertise to assist auditors during the fieldwork process and work paper analysis.
- Coordinate the post-audit analysis process, identify and summarize audit exposure and issues. Place an emphasis on maintaining a detailed audit trail with a high level of data integrity.
- Communicate timely audit results to the Account Team, Senior Management and the MVPD’s.
- Manage the settlement / collection process under the guidance of the Audit Director.
Conduct Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls compliance testing:
- Develop a thorough understanding of SNI processes and procedures for Affiliate Revenue, Standard and Company-wide controls.
- Follow CBS and external auditor guidelines in designing and implementing internal control tests.
- Test and validate the effectiveness of internal controls in accordance with designated SOX Timeline.
- Execute procedures to perform internal control tests and document the results in an internal procedural document and the Open Pages web application.
- Identify exception issues and make appropriate recommendations for action plans to improve processes and internal controls.
- Conduct monthly validation of new and renewal contract terms set up in the Affiliate Revenue System (“ARS”) by Affiliate Finance for top SNI accounts.
Support the Contract Management Process by developing business relationships to provide superior customer service to internal and external customers:
- Proactively support Affiliate Finance, Legal, Sales and Senior Management in the contract management process utilizing MVPD’s knowledge gained through the audit process.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of assigned accounts and actively participate with account team in supporting account objectives and strategies.
- Design ad-hoc financial analyses based on customer needs as requested.
- Conduct monthly Affiliate Finance Account Manager meeting to stay abreast of reporting / revenue trends, payment reporting variances, and contractual issues for assigned accounts in order to streamline the affiliate audit process to facilitate and support advance planning procedures.
Conduct Studio compliance audits of SNI Theatrical Distributors Output Agreements:
- Under the guidance of the Audit Director, conduct film rental revenue audits to validate SNI license fee payments for SNI licensed pictures.
- Validate license fees due SNI for Electronic-Sell-Through, Television and Video-On-Demand Sales, and any other contractual provisions as required under the Theatrical Output Agreements.
- Assist in post-audit review and analysis, consolidate and communicate fieldwork results to the Audit Director.
- Three to five years public accounting, auditing or financial related experience required, industry background preferred.
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- CPA, CIA, MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills used to interpret contractual service agreements; and the ability to create meaningful and comprehensive analyses to reflect specific terms and requirements for the CBS Divisions’ contractual service agreements.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles is required and SOX experience is preferred.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, evidenced by the ability to explain complex analyses in a simple and effective manner.
- Exhibit strong organization, project management skills, and the ability to multi-task in order to prioritize workload and remain flexible to changing priorities, while meeting strict completion target dates for assigned accounts.
- Mature interpersonal and customer service skills for cultivating relationships within SNI, CBS Divisions and MVPD’s, must exhibit confidence to interact with all levels of management.
- Strong negotiation skills to support the settlement process and maximize collections.
- Ability to work effectively in a self-directed and empowered team environment to accomplish individual, team, department, SNI and CBS Divisions’ goals.
- Excellent technical skills, with an emphasis placed on: Excel, Word, and data extract software. Knowledge of Access, Monarch, PowerPoint and billing services beneficial.
- Efficiently learns and uses SNI’s internal business applications Affiliate Revenue System, Enterprise One, Financial Controls Management System and RADAR.