Audiovisual Support SpecialistApply
This position will assume primary responsibility for audiovisual support in the Showtime Los Angeles office. It is a very outward-facing position, and the candidate would interface with the staff at all levels. They will handle conference room support and maintenance, facilitate videoconferences and presentations, participate in webcast event production, and work with employees around the office to support their A/V technology.
- Responding to all audiovisual support requests, and facilitating the setup of multimedia presentations and videoconferences for Showtime employees and office guests. Must be familiar with the wiring, equipment, and technical design of each room, and be able to diagnose or assist in diagnosing system issues.
- Deploy and maintain in-room Mac mini systems
- A solid understanding of all A/V deployments, including screening and pitch rooms, public TVs / digital signage, office A/V equipment, and in-house TV / video distribution systems.
- Be the primary A/V support resource for the Los Angeles office, providing phone and in-person assistance for audiovisual issues.
- Work with management in New York to coordinate and execute technology upgrades, and also with outside vendors and trades to execute certain jobs.
- Provide end-user training for basic / intermediate operation of audiovisual technology throughout the facility. Provide technical support training to backup personnel.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of A/V equipment. Facilitate equipment replacements as needed, including packaging, shipping, and tracking.
- Maintenance, setup, and running of the webcasting system (Zoom, Blackmagic Design production hardware, basic camera and microphone setup), coordinating with the New York team as necessary.
The ideal candidate must have a passion for audiovisual systems and the user experience, and an appreciation for thoughtful, neat wiring and technical design. They should possess the following attributes:
- College Degree Preferred
- A minimum of 2-3 years of past experience is required.
- A thorough understanding of modern audiovisual theory, concepts, and terminology, and the ability to read and interpret A/V wiring and signal flow diagrams.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with many different personalities.
- Sound troubleshooting skills with a capacity to solve problems in a thorough and systematic way.
- Superior written and verbal communication abilities, and an efficient, effective organizational aptitude.
- Strong Mac OS / iOS technical support and troubleshooting abilities; general understanding and familiarity with Windows operating systems relating to Internet, peripherals, and presentation tools.
- Cisco and Zoom videoconferencing experience.
- Exposure to Crestron and Logitech control systems.