Associate Producer, Special FeaturesApply
CBS Business Unit: Showtime
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include TWIN PEAKS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, I’M DYING UP HERE, SMILF, and THE CHI. SHOWTIME will also debut two limited series this year, PATRICK MELROSE staring Benedict Cumberbatch and ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA from Ben Stiller. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon, Google, Xbox One and Samsung. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events
The Associate Producer’s principle purpose is to assist producers in creating entertaining, strategic promotional added value and entertainment content that supports Showtime’s efforts to be ‘everywhere’ through multiple platforms.
Candidate must possess some knowledge and skill level to:
- Coordinate a variety of assignments on a day-to-day basis;
- Manage time and prioritize multiple projects for multiple coworkers;
- Develop content ideas, write clear/concise emails and scripts that support the projects’ brief;
- Be service oriented with internal and external partners;
- Be a good Showtime representative and team player with creative partners and vendors;
- Perform a variety of office tasks as needed.
The candidate must be able to “wear multiple hats”, including but not limited to:
- Creative writing, brainstorming, and ideation;
- Strong understanding of video editing;
- Hands-on experience with video editing software (Adobe Products preferred).
- Some basic camera knowledge and ability to shoot when necessary.
- 0- 2 years’ creative experience in either an entertainment company, television network, digital media agency.
- Proactively problem solve and a self starter in taking on projects;
- Working knowledge of non-linear video editing software in the Adobe Suite, ideally Premiere;
- Time management skills to coordinate multiple producer’s projects;
- Effective communication with in-house and outside client partners;
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat;
- No job too big or too small, all hands on deck mentality; and
- Passion for television, entertainment, and the social media landscape.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled