Associate Producer, Digital (Smithsonian Channel - NY or DC)Apply
CBS Business Unit: Smithsonian Networks
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
The Digital Video Associate Producer plays a key role in assisting the producers and production team in all aspects of production for short-form video content. The ideal candidate will think creatively to help develop content through an established brand filter, and collaborate with the production unit to produce compelling video and content optimized for digital and social platforms. The candidate supports the production of content derived from documentaries, and original short-form videos that support brand awareness and engagement.
The Associate Producer works with the Network’s post operations, editorial, programming, and marketing teams to deliver digital videos that help shape the Network’s digital brand and voice. The candidate must be organized, have a strong attention to detail and willingness to learn production techniques as needed. An understanding of production management and production planning are a plus in this role, as well as the ability to create and modify workflows in an ever-changing digital media landscape. The Associate Producer is an essential member of the digital media team’s ability to carry out all phases of production, and deliver a wide variety of high quality digital content.
- Work with the Producers and Directors to coordinate and carry out all phases of original digital productions, from promotional and social media videos to original short form series.
- Manage the budget for several simultaneous productions, process and track all expenses and invoices, and assist in cost reporting.
- Assist in pre-production and production of digital videos: research and help develop stories, organize shoot logistics, secure all releases, work with production management to find and hire crew, create call sheets, assist producer in the field, coordinate gear and ensure safe delivery of original media.
- Manage post-production process and deliverables: research stock footage and music, prepare required production deliverables, work with legal department to clear all program rights and materials.
- Work with Production Coordinator to ensure production schedule is updated, and collaborate with production team to ensure deadlines are met.
- Coordinate with post operations and post production units to secure master video deliverables when needed, and ensure original production master files are archived in appropriate place.
- 2 + years experience in video production
- Strong knowledge of production process and producing for digital platforms
- Experience with budget management and tracking
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, inter-personal skills, a can-do attitude, and collaborative working style are vital
Smithsonian Channel™, owned by Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between Showtime Networks Inc. and the Smithsonian Institution, is where curiosity lives, inspiration strikes and wonders never cease. This is the place for awe-inspiring stories, powerful documentaries and amazing entertainment across multiple platforms. Smithsonian Channel combines the storytelling prowess of SHOWTIME® with the unmatched resources and rich traditions of the Smithsonian, to create award-winning programming that shines new light on popular genres such as air and space, history, science, nature, and pop culture. Among the network’s offerings are series including Aerial America, America in Color, First Ladies Revealed, Polar Bear Town, The Lost Tapes, Amazing Monkeys, America’s Secret Space Heroes, Mighty Ships, Mighty Planes and Air Disasters, as well as critically-acclaimed specials that include Titanic’s Fatal Fire, The Obama Years: The Power of Words, Nightmare on Everest, Diana and the Paparazzi, Diana: The Day We Said Goodbye and Flying High with Phil Keoghan. Smithsonian Networks also operates Smithsonian Earth™, through SN Digital LLC., a new subscription video streaming service delivering spectacular original nature and wildlife content. To learn more, go to www.smithsonianchannel.com, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled