Assistant, Awards and Corporate Affairs (Temporary)Apply
The Temporary Assistant position will support the Awards and Corporate Affairs department; reporting into the network’s head of Awards and Corporate Affairs. The ideal candidate possesses superior organizational and communication skills and operates with impeccable attention to detail. The qualified candidate is able to effectively balance shifting demands with dynamic schedules, multitask in a fast-paced environment and function under pressure within deadlines. The position will be responsible for coordinating travel, schedules and logistics for events related to the awards department. Professionalism, a positive attitude and an ability to work collaboratively and efficiently with many different personalities are required.
- Assist the Director and Manager of the Awards and Corporate Affairs department with day-to-day support such as organizing and maintaining schedules, projects and general workload
- Award nominee and film festival travel; including booking travel and accommodations as well as hair, makeup and styling deal memos for talent
- Coordinate award ‘For Your Consideration’ and film festival event logistics (panels, dinners, receptions, screenings, etc.)
- Manage award submission and entries; communicating with entrants, collecting supporting materials, completing required forms and maintaining entry grids and other internal documents
- Manage project budgets; responsible for financial processes of check requests, invoices, and purchase orders.
- BA or BS Required
- Minimum of one year of experience in the media industry; 2-3 yrs strongly preferred
- Proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to work periodically on evenings and weekends (overtime) when needed
- Ability to balance responsibilities and work comfortably in a fast-paced environment
- Superior oral and written communication skills combined with a high level of professionalism
- Impeccable attention to detail and organization
- Ability to anticipate and work proactively
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, SMILF, THE CHI, KIDDING, ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA and BLACK MONDAY. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon’s Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV, Sony PlayStation™ Vue, and YouTube TV. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.