Analyst, Programming FinanceApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, DICE, the upcoming drama I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV. For more information, go to www.SHO.com.
Showtime Networks is searching for a Manager for the Programming Finance department in our New York office. Responsibilities include the monthly reporting and financial planning and analysis for Showtime’s Original Programming assets and network license fee amortization as reported in the SHO income statement and for preparing supporting monthly programming asset balance sheet analyses for corporate submissions. The Manager prepares internal detailed series economic executive reports for Showtime’s premium original series. The Manager also prepares detailed financial packages and in-depth variance analysis for both monthly reporting and budgeting and forecasting submissions. This position works closely with other corporate and operational finance groups within Showtime. Duties also include preparing monthly Programming/Production related analyses for the corporate tax department, quarterly audit and SOX schedules and detailed analysis that support Programming Finance’s annual budget, monthly rolling forecasts and LRP corporate submissions. The individual in this position reports to the Director of Programming Finance and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, bi-coastal team environment.
- Qualified candidates must possess a minimum of 5-6 years of experience within a Finance/Accounting environment, with a portion of this time preferably concentrated in the entertainment industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required. B.S degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and forecasting concepts is a must.
- Strong project management and presentation skills are required.
- Must be highly proficient using Microsoft Excel and in using Tableau (or similar business intelligence system) for data analysis and reporting.
- Experience with a general ledger and a budgeting system are also required.
- Oracle/PeopleSoft general ledger and TM1 Budgeting & Planning experience are preferred.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.