AWS DevOps Engineer – ProductApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, DICE, the upcoming drama I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV. For more information, go to www.SHO.com.
Showtime Networks seeks an extraordinary DevOps Engineer with a primary focus on AWS, but with interest and experience in other languages and technologies. In this position, you will maintain and scale our existing cloud implementation, helping us deploy our next generation Analytics and Data Science capabilities. We are seeking someone with a solid background in distributed systems to act as an AWS and security authority within the Product Analytics group. You will be creative, self-motivated, a quick study, and willing to develop new skills while constantly improving existing abilities. You should also be a strong multi-tasker with solid time-management skills.
- Ability and desire to enforce, maintain, and improve Systems Engineering and DevOps best practices, particularly with regard to our use of AWS.
- Ability to create and maintain scripts which automate cloud operations and service end users
- At least one year of hands on AWS experience -- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator a big plus
- Background in Unix/ Linux administration on highly available distributed systems.
Experience Bonus Items
- Experience with Spark and Hive configuration optimization
- Experience with continuous deployment / continuous delivery using tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Experience with automation and configuration management (Terraform, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Familiarity with logging/monitoring using tools such as CloudWatch, DataDog, LogStash, Kibana
- A successful previous migration to AWS