AWS DevOps Engineer - ProductApply
CBS Business Unit: Showtime
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Showtime Networks seeks an extraordinary DevOps Engineer to join our DevOps team responsible for implementing, scaling and supporting our cloud infrastructure. In this position, you will be responsible for migrating and maintaining a sports-related website to AWS. You will work with the team to support our existing cloud implementation as well as enforce, maintain and improve Systems Engineering and DevOps best practices, particularly with regard to our use of AWS.
While your primary focus will be on AWS, you will have interest and experience in other languages and technologies. You will be creative, self-motivated, a quick study, and willing to develop new skills while constantly improving existing abilities. You should also be a strong multi-tasker with solid time-management
● At least one year of hands on AWS experience
● Solid background in distributed systems
● Excellent collaboration and documentation skills
● Experience with automation and configuration management (Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc)
● Experience with logging/monitoring using tools such as CloudWatch, DataDog, LogStash, Kibana
● Experience with continuous deployment / continuous delivery using tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo
● Ability to create and maintain scripts which automate cloud operations and service end users
● Background in Unix/ Linux administration on highly available distributed systems.
Experience Bonus Items
● Experience with infrastructure and application security
● Experience with infrastructure as code testing (e.g. Test-Kitchen, Serverspec or Inspec)
● Experience with Docker Containers, Clustering and Orchestration
● Experience with Spark and Hive configuration optimization
● A successful previous migration to AWS
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include TWIN PEAKS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, I’M DYING UP HERE, SMILF, and THE CHI. SHOWTIME will also debut two limited series this year, PATRICK MELROSE staring Benedict Cumberbatch and ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA from Ben Stiller. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon, Google, Xbox One and Samsung. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled