2020 Spring Internship-Production (Washington, D.C.)Apply
CBS Business Unit: Smithsonian Networks
Job Type: Paid Intern
Job Schedule: Part-Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
The responsibilities of the Spring 2020 Intern-Production will be:
- Conduct story development research.
- Provide production assitance for local shoots.
- Organize and edit scripts for delivery.
- Assist with general production office support.
- Review submissions documents and pitch tapes under consideration by channel.
- Assist SVP with research for new projects.
- Help the Coordinating Producer in the marketing aspects of the Mission Critical department.
- Help manage DVD requests and distribution.
- Help create databases and list servs. Help keep databases up to date.
- Strong Interest in the Cable/Entertainment Industry
- Current undergraduate student (rising junior or above)
- 2.50 GPA or above
- Submission of a cover letter -required
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work and prioritize work assignments
- Able to provide administrative support as needed
- Cable television experience a plus
- Active participation in extracurricular activities; clubs; and/or associations. Leadership positions while maintaining an above-average GPA, a plus
- Prior internship experience in a related field, a plus
Smithsonian Channel™ a ViacomCBS network, is where curiosity lives, inspiration strikes and wonders never cease. This is the place for awe-inspiring stories, powerful documentaries and amazing factual entertainment, available in HD and 4K Ultra HD across multiple platforms.
Smithsonian Channel, winner of Emmy and Peabody awards for its programming is the home of popular genres such as air and space, travel, history, science, nature and pop culture. Among the network's offerings are hit series including Aerial America, America in Color, America's Hidden Stories, Apollo's Moon Shot, The Pacific War in Color and Air Disasters, as well as critically-acclaimed specials that include The Green Book: Guide to Freedom, Black Hole Hunters and Princess Diana's Wicked Stepmother.
Smithsonian Networks also operates Smithsonian Channel Plus™, a subscription video streaming service delivering over a thousand hours of the Channel's stunning and diverse library of documentaries and series in HD and 4K Ultra HD.
Smithsonian Channel is also available internationally in Canada, Singapore, Latin America, the UK and Ireland.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled