2020 Spring Internship- Editorial, Digital Media-Smithsonian ChannelApply
CBS Business Unit: Smithsonian Networks
Job Type: Paid Intern
Job Schedule: Part-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
The digital editorial internship will focus on research, writing, and content strategy primarily for Smithsonian OTT and YouTube. The intern will learn the ways we are working to grow Smithsonian in the OTT space, support the continued development of our programming strategy, and gather both subscriber and competitor knowledge.
- Supporting cross-team campaigns and projects through editorial research.
- Learning how to draw insights from analytics reports to enhance content strategy.
- Doing competitive analysis of competitor sites, videos, apps and newsletters.
- Drafting social copy for YouTube.
- Participating in all editorial brainstorming efforts, particularly long-term projects.
- Supporting editorial database and calendar upkeep as needed.
- Review existing copy assets.
- Update programming databases on an as needed basis.
- Research program information for distribution workflows.
- Improve related shows feature by auditing database and adding new keywords.
- Misc. urgent tasks as they arise.
- Current undergraduate student (rising junior or above) desire from an intern)
- Strong Interest in the Cable/Entertainment Industry
- 2.50 GPA or above
- Submission of a cover letter'" required
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work and prioritize work assignments
- Able to provide administrative support as needed
- Cable television experience a plus
- Active participation in extracurricular activities; clubs; and/or associations. Leadership positions while maintaining an above-average GPA, a plus
- Prior internship experience in a related field, a plus
- Strong writing skills
- Social media skills
Smithsonian Channel™ a ViacomCBS network, is where curiosity lives, inspiration strikes and wonders never cease. This is the place for awe-inspiring stories, powerful documentaries and amazing factual entertainment, available in HD and 4K Ultra HD across multiple platforms.
Smithsonian Channel, winner of Emmy and Peabody awards for its programming is the home of popular genres such as air and space, travel, history, science, nature and pop culture. Among the network's offerings are hit series including Aerial America, America in Color, America's Hidden Stories, Apollo's Moon Shot, The Pacific War in Color and Air Disasters, as well as critically-acclaimed specials that include The Green Book: Guide to Freedom, Black Hole Hunters and Princess Diana's Wicked Stepmother.
Smithsonian Networks also operates Smithsonian Channel Plus™, a subscription video streaming service delivering over a thousand hours of the Channel's stunning and diverse library of documentaries and series in HD and 4K Ultra HD.
Smithsonian Channel is also available internationally in Canada, Singapore, Latin America, the UK and Ireland.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled