2018 Summer Internship - Content AcquisitionsApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include TWIN PEAKS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, I’M DYING UP HERE, SMILF, and THE CHI. SHOWTIME will also debut two limited series this year, PATRICK MELROSE staring Benedict Cumberbatch and ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA from Ben Stiller. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon, Google, Xbox One and Samsung. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events
- Screen and evaluate movies, episodic series, documentaries, and specials that pass through the acquisitions process at Showtime.
- Make recommendations to the Supervisor, Directors, and EVP of Content Acquisitions as to which programs represent the best product for Showtime’s channels and what to pursue for acquisition.
- Attend industry screenings at major talent agencies.
- Current undergraduate student (rising Junior or above)
- Strong interest in Cable/Entertainment industry
- 2.50 GPA or above
- Submission of a cover letter is required
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work and prioritize work assignments
- Able to provide administrative support as needed
- Cable television experience a plus
- Active participation in extracurricular activities; clubs; and/or associations. Leadership positions while maintaining an above-average GPA, a plus
- Prior internship experience in a related field, a plus
- Film Studies concentration/major preferred--able to look at films analytically from the perspective of a subscriber
- Excellent writing/grammatical skills
- Demonstrated interest in movies, with a working knowledge of a wide variety of films/actors/directors
- Fast and efficient worker, able to watch 2 films and write between 300-600 words per day