2018 Summer Intern - Corporate Communications NYCApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming lineups in all of television. The SHOWTIME programming slate has made the network among the most talked about in the business, with hits that have included HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, DICE, the upcoming series I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING ®.
Showtime Networks Inc. owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc. operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™ which offers Smithsonian Channel™ and Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC.
- Pulling daily press clips, and compiling the daily clip packet distributed company-wide when necessary
- Choosing clips for talent appearances on talk shows
- Sending screeners to press
- Assist with booking talent travel
- Maintaining media contact lists
- Assisting with preparation for summer PR events including TCA (Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour) and Comic Con San Diego.
- Serve as a back-up to the East Coast Coordinator and Assistant covering department phones when necessary
- Help maintain a comprehensive database of positive network and series quotes used by various areas of the company including marketing, promotions and affiliate sales groups for on-air and print promotional materials.
- Work as needed at events such as NY premieres and screenings and other functions
- Current undergraduate student (rising junior or above)
- Interest in the Cable/Entertainment Industry; 2.5 GPA or above
- Submission of cover letter- required
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work at least 35 hours/week for 8 weeks from 6/11-8/3
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to provide administrative suppose as needed
- Publicity and/or television experience a plus
- Active participation in extracurricular activities; clubs; and/or associations. Leadership positions while maintaining an above average GPA, a plus
- Prior internship experience in a related field, a plus
- Strong interest in pursuing a long term career in publicity.
- Currently studying communications or public relations field